Drink Driving

He asked the audience in the pub

I read it was some neighbours he had a dispute with over some house extension.

1 Like

Have you been drinking?
No. I haven’t officer.
cop looks at breathalyser
Is that your final answer?

1 Like

I could never warm to him on that millionaire show but he wasn’t too bad on the train journey show. Ah sure a year off the road won’t do him any harm.

ah lads,

2 Likes

I’ll get my coat

Young driver of car that exploded in ‘fireball’ crash more than four times over alcohol limit, inquest hears

Christ. It sounds like the family were blessed to survive.

As @caoimhaoin says, Just an unfortunate accident lads, no ones fault really.

A Waterford coroner’s inquest heard that the driver of an eleven year old Volkswagen Golf, Eamon Dixon (22), had a blood alcohol concentration of 221mg - more than four times the legal limit - as well as having traces of cocaine and other drugs in his system.

Mr Dixon’s friends, Kenneth O’Sullivan (39) and Michael Tobin (38), died alongside the young driver when the Golf crossed onto the wrong side of the road on the N72 outside Dungarvan, Co Waterford on December 4 2016.

The inquest heard that Mr Dixon from Abbeyside, Dungarvan was “off his head” that day on drink.

You can still see the charred trees on that road.

@caoimhaoin made a valid point on some drink drivers. There are those who wouldn’t approve of drink driving but under the influence made the decision to do so. They feel guilty the next morning. Then there are the cunts who brag about getting away with it. Under the law there is no difference and it’s of no consolation to the family of a victim but there is a difference between the two. Alcohol affects people differently.

Alcohol affects everyone … it doesnt go with driving … zero tolerance.

Alcohol affects people differently. Some people drive to the pub with the intention of driving home. Some people wouldn’t have the intention of doing so but after a few decide to chance it. The law rightly has zero tolerance.

What about zero tolerance to someone not getting enough sleep?

A known killer as well.

You are no better than nembo and sid with this carry on.

You have a few more celebrity self help books to go yet

2 Likes

does been fatigued or speeding have the same risks as being in a crash as a drunk?

Of course. Actually worse. Mythbusters had a show about this.

Well of course these things are not always mutually exclusive.

But I know some lads I would drive home (as a passenger)with after 6 pints way before others totally fatigued.

But someone falling asleep at wheel is bound to be way worse than drink driving in many instances.

Some people are still better drivers after drink than some people could ever hope to be

That’s what inbreeding will do

We’re talking about drink driving and you just keep wanting to move the goal posts… I’ll have to lend you my collection of self help books it seems.

You clearly drink and drive yourself or see very little wrong with it.

Just texting this while I drive so excuse any typos

The issue here is

2 Likes