Drink Driving

@artfoley and other legal types

I suspect someone I know has been put off the road but is denying it

Is there any way to see on the courts site if a case was taken?

1 Like

Do you suspect that @caoimhaoin is off the road?

I am not moving anything

I do not support drunk driving. I regret doing it when younger.

However it’s not as bad as murder or attacking someone with a knife.

It’s also a cheap way of dealing with cultural issues by banning any drinking or banning alcohol marketing or alcohol of that nonsense.

I was making the point that there are other reasons for people dying in cars. Speed and chance taking is still worse than any drink driving deaths

I am. But I said fuck them. They can go fuck themselves.
I only had a bottle

3 Likes

Bora or Passat ?

Drive on buddy

2 Likes

Speed kills indeed… However, your reactions are better when sober…and getting into a car drunk is like going out with a knife in your pocket. You may not intend doing anything with it …

I think drink driving is more like having unprotected sex, you can get unlucky and get a STD or knock up up some slag, and your life is ruined, you don’t set out to kill someone

4 Likes

Wise words from a wise man. Auld fellas having 7 or 8 in the local and tipping away home are no danger to anybody. It’s city fellas Coked out of their minds after a feed of vodka thinking their colin mccrae is the problem.

2 Likes

No it is not.

Jesus this is basic logic.

Basic human fucking logic

Passat

3 Likes

a proper car

Germans fella.

Can’t fucking beat them

2 Likes

If you break the speed limit you have no business portraying moral outrage at a fella having a couple of pints and driving.
Speed kills.

Drink driving is a fabricated social issue dreamt up by weak governments and gobbl ed up hook line and sink er by every gullible fool out there
Getting pissed and driving is very wrong.
Having say 3 pints is the equivalent of doing 130kmph on the motorway or speeding thru an amber light.
EVery twit gets morally outraged at the 3 pints. Nobody at the other er two offences.

9 Likes

Is 7 B and Ps 7 measures or 14?

I had a good meal and a good workout in the middle of all that. I was fine.

1 Like

Great post

1 Like

7 or 14?

Local papers are normally good for this.

Alternatively, if you knew the date you could search the legal diary, but that would only tell you it was in court and not offence or verdict.

Isn’t it a crime to be driving if he’s banned? Report suspicion to a Garda and let them follow it up.