Driving-getting started

[quote=“The Puke”]The toyota dyna vans are making serious money…The ones all the travellors/knackers have…

Some yolks to take punishment…

Pikeman, you could do a lot worse than invest in one of them…You could load the strawberries and spuds in the back of it[/quote]

While travellers used to drive Dynas and Hiaces theyve long moved on from that,living near the traveller mecca of New Ross qualifies me as an authority on this matter,they all like to drive the same machine and usually in the same colour for some reason.Theyve moved onto cars,silver Avensis used to be the standard issue New Ross tinkers machine but in the last Year or two almost every one of them are driving VW Passats,mostly in black.Anybody living within 10 miles of New Ross wont be buying a black Passat if theyve any sense…

The New Ross travellers won’t get a look in with the royalty that is the West Limerick travellers.

true runt but we all know the highest order of travellers in the countries are thouse from the west with names of Ward and McDonagh … while ross only has the conners, dorans,goggins and murphy travelling families that i can think of

The boys in Rathkeale would look down their noses at them muck savages from Galway.

You can “only” think of 4 knacker families in a particular geographical area? Jesus, that’s poor form, I’d say most of us would be able to name a lot more than “only” 4. :smiley:

I could name 20 different families, problem is there’s only 2 surnames.

New Ross also has a huge mob of Cash’s and Berrys.

cant believe i forgot the ole berrys… and cashes…

In Tuam we are indeed inundated with the McDonaghs, Wards and a sprinkling of Mongans. We would not have foreign fancy traveller names like the Cashes and Berrys previously mentioned.

We also hold the “honour” of having the highest percentage of travellers living in an Irish town with a massive 7.81% of Tuam’s population claiming to be one.

We also had the first traveller town mayor Cllr Martin Ward.

[quote=“Gaillimharais”]In Tuam we are indeed inundated with the McDonaghs, Wards and a sprinkling of Mongans. We would not have foreign fancy traveller names like the Cashes and Berrys previously mentioned.

We also hold the “honour” of having the highest percentage of travellers living in an Irish town with a massive 7.81% of Tuam’s population claiming to be one.

We also had the first traveller town mayor Cllr Martin Ward.[/quote]

Surely you mean bigger than 7.81%?

Sure Rathkeale has well over 50% of the population as travellers.

[quote=“Gaillimharais”]In Tuam we are indeed inundated with the McDonaghs, Wards and a sprinkling of Mongans. We would not have foreign fancy traveller names like the Cashes and Berrys previously mentioned.

We also had the first traveller town mayor Cllr Martin Ward.[/quote]

There’s a Traveller Heritage Centre in Tuam isn’t there?

What do they do there?

[quote=“Watch The Break”]There’s a Traveller Heritage Centre in Tuam isn’t there?

What do they do there?[/quote]

Heritage stuff I think.

We used to make tin buckets. Now we just rob stuff.

The End.

[quote=“Watch The Break”]We used to make tin buckets. Now we just rob stuff.

The End.[/quote]

Something like that alright…Maybe advanced courses in selling carpets, second hand tvs, gates and other sundry items might be handy too.

Fully comp with open drive and no claims bonus protection which is an extra 120 ish (can have 2 claims in a 3 year period and not lose the bonus). It’s a 2 litre car though which probably pushes it up a bit. Still seems expensive considering i’m 27 and have 5 years no claims bonus.

It’s incredible the variance in quotes from differnt insurers. Was with Hibernian for years as they were way cheaper than anyone else (Quinn included) then switched to Axa a couple of years ago as they quoted 100 quid better than Hibernian. Got a few quotes when i changed car in November and Hibernian were coming in way cheaper again so looks like i’ll be heading back there when i have to renew.

Driving Test is gone up to 75 quid today

What was it originally?

38 yoyos …

thats ridiculous

ya… supposidely there is no more statefunding towards the driving test… my little sister only booked a test last week …