Driving-getting started

Mac you must have a pretty nice car

I live on the feicin northside, and the focus only costs me 350 euro. Having said that its a 03, I’m assuming your slightly more up to date than my jalopy

[quote=“padjo”]Mac you must have a pretty nice car

I live on the feicin northside, and the focus only costs me 350 euro. Having said that its a 03, I’m assuming your slightly more up to date than my jalopy[/QUOTE]

A '07 Kia Rio padjo - nothing fancy at all.

Oh my, a '07. Laa dee da. My car os 10 years older than yours

I see you have a 40% chance of passing the test on the eastern seaboard and a 65% chance on the western seaboard.

Reversed into a car tonight. Fuck it. Did the right thing though and knocked at the house where the damage was done. Chap was very nice about it, in fairness.

You should have been looking where you were going, Fagan.

I know. I was distracted.

By what?

Fair play Fagan.

Driving down Pearse Street tonight at about 6.15, in the extreme right hand lane. Lady in an Audi A4 pulls across three lanes, pulls in in front of the old Academy and parks right in front of me. What the fuck. I’m in no hurry so I wait behind her for a couple of minutes thinking she’s having a bit of a snafu and she’ll get going again. No fucking chance. By this stage the traffic in this lane is backed up all the way to Ringsend and the horns can be heard blowing in Fairview. No move out of our hero. I join in the tootling and next minute she leaps out of the car and arrives at my window with a big “I’m in a fucking parking space”. Amidst the roars stretching back to The Widow Scallans of “Move it ya cunt”, I calmly survey the scene, point to the signage and inform her that yes it’s a parking space, but only until 4pm. “Fuck off for yourself you four eyed bollix” was her considered response. I said “look love I don’t really care, but you’ll be clamped if you stay there much longer”. A taxi driver was making for her at this stage and she thought the better of it and skedaddled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8b3963VRW4

I know what the letters stand for, Fagan but what is the correct usage of this acronym? I’ve seen it being used it 3 or 4 times in the recent past but all in slightly different scenarios. In this scenario, what do you mean by “she’s having a bit of a snafu”?

Fuck me but there are some ignorant cunts on the road. I was driving down Marlborough street there earlier. Turned into Abbey Street and headed for Memorial Road to go down North Wall Quay. Tricky junction there where Gardiner St meets Memorial Road because there are 3 lanes going into 5. I’m in the extreme left but going right because I’m getting into the correct lane for NWQ. There is traffic coming up on my right going left for Amiens St. No bother. The unspoken rule at the junction is merge in turn. I let one car through to go left when I go to take my turn to go right. No fucking chance. This cunt has sped up on my inside in a fucking Ford Focus to go left. I have two options. Crash into the cunt or let him off. I let him off and I give a considered toot of the horn. The cunt rolls down the window and fucking luxuriantly gives me the middle finger. Swivelling it as he goes. Its like the end of civilisation out there some days.

I had a very similar encounter last week on the Dock Road. Cunt using the wrong lane of the roundabout to skip traffic then cuts in front of me, cause me to jam on the breaks. Let the cunt have it with the horn, where he responded with two fingers. I gave him one finger back, then had to follow the cunt the whole way in the rest of the road.

I was tempted to follow this cunt and put the butt of the hurley through his passenger window. Thankfully common sense got the better of me and I remain at large.

Something similar myself yesterday mate. I was stopped at the lights at Baggot Street bridge on Haddington Road. I was heading straight down the canal. There are two lanes there clearly marked. Two for going straight ahead with the one of the left also for a left turn. I was in the left lane. Couple of cars in front of me in my lane and as Fagan said the unwritten rule is that you merge in turn. One fucking car to the right of me wasn’t having this and sped up on my right and beeped the horn at me as I tried to merge. I had to let him go to stop a collision. I lay on the horn in response and waved my fist aggressively at the cunt and lay on the horn again. As I pulled in behind him the cunt was giving me a calm down motion in the mirror. Stupid fucking Limerick reg as well.

The more I think of it the more I think that lad in Sandymount with the hurley had the right idea.

That is one of the most cuntish things to do on the road. Deliberately trying to get the better of someone and very dangerous too.

lad up from the country I’d say playing at being a big time Charlie and then when you gave him plenty of it he was probably browning his kacks that you were one of those gangland types and he’d end up in a ditch in Dunshaughlin.

There’s a double roundabout/junction thing on the Dock Road and it’s deadly for it. It’s chaos there at rush hour. Cunts coming from every angle.