Dry January and February Thread

Yes.

Abstaining.

2 Likes

Fuck you. I’m frothing now.

You have 1hr and 10 mins to get on it.

1 Like

Nah, I’ve an early start

You’ll be posting pintpics from a hotel bar before the end of the week, no fear of you!

2 Likes

Yep 100% correct

from one excess to another, exactly typifies the normal Irish simpleton, no self control or mental strength whatsoever

1 Like

This sorta thing would drive a lad to sobriety

The minimum pricing is great news for Heineken and Bulmers I’d say. Sure who’s going to bother with Linden Village or Galahad now

2 Likes

A pity MacRoaster died of Covid. A minimum alcohol unit pricing special would have been right up his street.

That’s it exactly. Own brand products dead overnight

Us Craft Beer drinkers will be unaffected. We’ve been getting gouged for years now

1 Like

Iv 2 days left in isolation. I’d say Iv more drank in the isolation period than any comparable period in the previous decade

2 Likes

That Guinness 0.0 is a grand beverage

2 Likes

Carlsberg 0.0 is quite good also out of a bottle.

Work colleague told me earlier they are isolating with Covid. They laughed and said at first they thought it was alcohol poisoning. I would be more worried if I thought I had alcohol poisoning than Covid. The casual treatment of alcohol abuse in Ireland is still disturbing. Must have been way worse back in the 60s, 70s etc.

Ha, my auld lad bought that shit more than once.

Every small town was able to support 8 or 9 pubs back then, but apparently its the youth of today who are gone mad on the drink.

4 Likes

And there were none of the array of draught concoctions or hipster bottles of craft beer to confuse lads. Beer or porter, take your pick. Bottle or pint……