Dublin City Marathon

3 Likes

Belfast going ahead October 3rd as things stand.

1 Like

It sold out today.

Signed up for it a few months back, surprised it took till now to sell out.

Are you doing it?

My marathon running days are behind me. I had some health issues a few years back which ended all that. I do have clearance to run up to a half.

1 Like

I entered it this morning but have entry for Berlin. Ill do Berlin if thereā€™s not too much hassle with flights etc.

2 Likes

Slow handclap for paddy, another economic boost for the wee 6 after turning Belfast airport into a goldmine, and making NI a tourist hotspot

Lads realise they can do the Forrest Gump thing on their on any aul road.
As opposed to running around Dublin City hoping strangers clap them on or better a TV Camera sees them?

1 Like

A stealth campaign by Mehole to make the North economically viable and accelerate an United Ireland. A true republican.

What a reckless idea to cancel it. Really pathetic stuff given majority of adults will be vaccinated by then and itā€™s healthy people coming together outdoors.

3 Likes

Marathons are ridiculous. They should be done away with entirely as organised events.

1 Like

Itā€™s hard to blame the organisers.
Iā€™d imagine theyā€™ve been pushing for but given zero guarantees from the government as to what type of event they will be able to run in October.

Itā€™s a massive and expensive logistical operation that anyone would be slow to pump time and money into while the threat of the Archbishop cancelling it on a whim hangs over them.

3 Likes

its worth an estimated 30 million to the city in revenue, well done Archbishop Holohan

Will you do Belfast as well if you do Berlin the week before?

I donā€™t think its the runners are the problem as they can stagger starts and create separation. Its the congregation of crowds along the route on top of each other that I assume is the problem

Nah no chance, way too soon. A few of the guys in the club running Belfast alright. Have you started training for it yet?

Getting out a couple of times a week is all, generally a short fast run midweek and a slower long run at the weekends.

Should be doing more but thatā€™s as much as work, kids, coaching etc will allow so Iā€™ll have to make do with it.

Up to around 17 miles now and hoping to push past 20 on Saturday.

Are you doing much?

2 Likes

Iā€™m as fit as Iā€™ve been just havenā€™t ran further than 10 miles in about 6 weeks. Going to get stuck into it from now on. Iā€™ll do 13 or 14 on Sunday and try get 2 tempo runs in a week from now and build up the long run.

5 Likes

Best of luck @Gavrilo-Princip and @Wexford1996

I know ye wonā€™t let TFK AC down

4 Likes

What time are you aiming for?