Dublin GAA Thread

Joe Flanagan hit some haul on his debut. We’ll hear plenty more about it Monday @Bod95 :joy:

2 Likes

Ah lovely👏

Bellew & O’Leary were very good. James McNaughton was also very impressive.

Yeah looked lost there at times last year. Great striker of the ball.

First time seeing him in backs, we’ve lacked pace in that central area and he looked sharp enough. Was good coming forward and struck two nice points from distance but missed at least one, possibly two, from same range. A lively James McNaughten at CHF caused problems for us with two from play and a couple from frees where he was the one fouled.

Funny seeing Chris O’Leary starting at 6 for Dublin, thought he was a mediocre enough hurler at underage. At the same time he is the kind of hurler that Cork never really give a chance to.

Was he not on the panel for a while?

Yeah but that has been 100s of half-decent underage hurlers over the past decade. I’d say there is 40 “on the panel” continuously with lads going in and out.

Im assuming this is the same Chris O’Leary from Valley Rovers who broke DCU hearts with a last gasp goal for College in a Fitzgibbon Cup semi final way back when?

No, a different one

4 Likes

It is.

1 Like

James McNaughton is a lovely hurler. Great balance and great striker of the ball. Scored a beautiful point in the 1st half. Came behind 2 players from long puck out, caught it turned and over the bar.

Less said about his attempted 20m free late in the game!!!

Sheer fatigue. He had put in a massive shift. His fielding is also very impressive.

Someone’s been reading too much Curtis

Hmmm - the splitting of the money was already in place I thought. My recollection also was that Berno as the face of the King of the Hill crisps promotion wanted to trouser all of the money but Gavin had other ideas.

My recollection is the King Of The Hill crisp packets didn’t appear until around 2014. I have a notion it was around about the time of the Donegal semi-final.

I may be wrong on this.

In fairness all of them had the exact same free rent in your head …

1 Like

2016 it seems.

I first became aware of the Bernard Brogan “King Of The Hill” promotional campaign while waiting in a queue at that Spar shop on the North Circular Road (at the corner of the side street which leads down to the Hideout) before an All-Ireland semi-final involving Dublin.

It must have been the 2016 one, not 2014.