Dublin GAA Thread

You getting tickets for the final. Put my request in already. http://www.thefreekick.com/board/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif

[quote=“Flano”]Crazy talk. If there was another decent Leinster team Dublin wouldnt have won a thing. Fact of the matter is that there isn’t and hasn’t been.

Up the Dubs

[/quote]

I actually think Meath have thrown away a Leinster title. Their forward line would have caused Dublin all sorts of problems.

No disrespect to Wexford but a Dublin vs Meath Leinster final would have been some occasion

[quote=“Captainshan”]You getting tickets for the final. Put my request in already. http://www.thefreekick.com/board/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif

[/quote]

Get on board Flano.

I hadnt reached Clonliffe Road before NCC had asked me for a ticket for the final.

This could be a major tfk.com day out !!!

Think its definitaley there for Wex. If Westmeath had attacked as well as they defended they would have won by 10 points. They used up all there puff going backwards defending though and i think a few of there players used the time when they were attacking to have a breather. They were unvelieveably fit in fairness.

Dublin were v dispointing, some desperate wides from a variety of sources in the second half. Conolly won good ball but kicked two bad wides at least. Sherlock didnt get a touch of it but then kicked a great point to win it. Whelan was blowing out his arse very ealry after he came on in fairness, lacking match fitness I guess

[quote=“dancarter”]Think its definitaley there for Wex. If Westmeath had attacked as well as they defended they would have won by 10 points. They used up all there puff going backwards defending though and i think a few of there players used the time when they were attacking to have a breather. They were unvelieveably fit in fairness.

Dublin were v dispointing, some desperate wides from a variety of sources in the second half. Conolly won good ball but kicked two bad wides at least. Sherlock didnt get a touch of it but then kicked a great point to win it. Whelan was blowing out his arse very ealry after he came on in fairness, lacking match fitness I guess[/quote]

not a chance in hell wexford will beat Dublin

hostage to fortune there NCC

[quote=“dancarter”]Think its definitaley there for Wex. If Westmeath had attacked as well as they defended they would have won by 10 points. They used up all there puff going backwards defending though and i think a few of there players used the time when they were attacking to have a breather. They were unvelieveably fit in fairness.

Dublin were v dispointing, some desperate wides from a variety of sources in the second half. Conolly won good ball but kicked two bad wides at least. Sherlock didnt get a touch of it but then kicked a great point to win it. Whelan was blowing out his arse very ealry after he came on in fairness, lacking match fitness I guess[/quote]

Westmeath used their half forwards in defense, can’t have it both ways.they had to come up short at other end of pitch.Also while the blanket defense worked for westmeath, Dublins 2 most infuential players in second half were the two men that spent most the second half free…Moran and cullen.

[quote=“thedancingbaby”]I actually think Meath have thrown away a Leinster title. Their forward line would have caused Dublin all sorts of problems.

No disrespect to Wexford but a Dublin vs Meath Leinster final would have been some occasion[/quote]

Good wind up there DB.

[quote=“thedancingbaby”]
No disrespect to Wexford but a Dublin vs Meath Leinster final would have been some occasion[/quote]

Care to elaborate on that one??

better atmosphere-
better set of fans
a game with a lot more tradition

Dublin winning another leinster at a canter benefits no one

[quote=“north county corncrake”]better atmosphere-
better set of fans
[/quote]

More Scumbags in the crowd ye mean.

Yea cos the last game between Meath and Dublin was a cracker alright…

[quote=“myboyblue”]Yea cos the last game between Meath and Dublin was a cracker alright…

it certainly was - much more entertaining playing your rivals in a grudge match than playing Wexford

Doesnt make it an “occasion”. Just a local feud played large.

[quote=“Pikeman”]Good wind up there DB.

[/quote]

not at all meant as a wind up Pikeman. Apologies if it came across that way

[quote=“myboyblue”]Yea cos the last game between Meath and Dublin was a cracker alright…

Jayz-Paddy Russell is doing his utmost there

Lively thread this today. I agree with scumpot’s point about Westmeath and I don’t really agree that they showed up Dublin. They merely set out to win ugly in a low-scoring game with 12 men in their own half akin to the likes of the Huns in association football. They then didn’t have the ambition or the desire to go on and give more men licence to go forward as the game developed and they played a stifling style throughout as always. Moran and Cullen then dominated in the second half, as good players tend to do when they’ve nobody to mark, and they patrolled across the half back line well and stopped most of the supply to Glennon and Dolan. In short, Dublin did what they had to do and Westmeath didn’t have a plan B once they fell behind.

A Dublin-Meath final might be more attractive to traditionalists but Wexford obviously don’t give a shit about tradition. Indeed were we fazed by it we wouldn’t have come back from 10 points down to beat Meath in the first place. They simply weren’t good enough to get to the final and that’s not our issue. We’re an improving and well managed team and our undefeated league campaign and defeats of Meath and Laois clearly suggest we’re deserving Leinster finalists but I acknowledge it will take a huge performance to beat Dublin.

[quote=“Mac”]Care to elaborate on that one??

[/quote]

82,000 sell out guaranteed for one of the great rivalries in GAA.

Would have been an electric atmosphere and I believe it would have been a game that would have gone to the wire - perhaps even a replay like last year.

[quote=“thedancingbaby”]82,000 sell out guaranteed for one of the great rivalries in GAA.

Would have been an electric atmosphere and I believe it would have been a game that would have gone to the wire - perhaps even a replay like last year.[/quote]

So using that logic we should hope for a Galway Mayo final in Connacht every year?

[quote=“north county corncrake”]better atmosphere-
better set of fans

Dublin winning another leinster at a canter benefits no one[/quote]

Better set of fans? My fuckin hole.