Dublin V Galway LSHC 2015 QF

There is an almost haunting silence in Galway hurling circles ahead of this game.

Recent challenges against Clare and Limerick have taken its toll on the team. David Burke, Daithi Burke & Niall Burke are all out with Canning and Hanbury nursing knocks.

Expectations are low.

Galway by 4.

ill be attending this

[QUOTE=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 1148390, member: 686”]There is an almost haunting silence in Galway hurling circles ahead of this game.

Recent challenges against Clare and Limerick have taken its toll on the team. David Burke, Daithi Burke & Niall Burke are all out with Canning and Hanbury nursing knocks.

Expectations are low.

Galway by 4.[/QUOTE]
Suppose it makes a change from knocking nurses.

Will you be seething for the whole 70 minutes mate? Or do you envisage a reprieve at any stage?

I pity the DB & EG as all ill be doing is whining and fault finding for 70 mins

Good loosener for Dublin before the serious stuff starts. Dublin by 6 or 7.

[QUOTE=“The Selfish Giant, post: 1148413, member: 80”]I pity the DB & EG as all ill be doing is whining and fault finding for 70 mins
[/QUOTE]
Couldn’t care less about it myself mate.

Just looking forward to a few pints with your good self.

I can’t see @Ebeneezer Goode getting to the ground until 4.10 at the earliest

Where’s this game on, lads?

:eek::eek:

Will you be taking any protective measures mate? Likely to be surrounded by a fair few muldoons and roasters from the nether regions of Connacht.

HQ

This is akin to @dodgy-keeper going to a rugby game. I wish you well.

@The Selfish Giant is a regular at GAA matches

Do you plan on taking a break from the whining and fault finding at half time mate?

I recall BRECSC forfeiting their place in the knockout rounds of a Dunshaughlin Celtic Supporters Clubs football blitz tournament because @The Selfish Giant couldn’t be persuaded to miss a few minutes of an early round Leinster championship match.

actually I think Ill just go to the pub and meet everyone after

rocko, you out?

[QUOTE=“The Selfish Giant, post: 1148430, member: 80”]actually I think Ill just go to the pub and meet everyone after

rocko, you out?[/QUOTE]
Couple of weeks too early for me mate.

fair enough

your focus should be on returning to ball and to be able to drink for my 40th in July

Brolly in the Independent yesterday

[I]Michael Duignan tells the story of his Offaly debut in the All-Ireland semi-final against Galway, in 1986. Duignan was only 18 years old and was slated to mark Brendan Lynskey, a fabled hard man.

After the anthem, young Michael walked nervously over to the grizzled veteran and stretched out his hand. Lynskey glared at him curiously and said, “A mhaicín, what are you doing here? The minor match is over”. A few seconds later, the ball was thrown in, at which Lynskey drove his elbow into the teenager’s nose, before taking off down the field to receive the ball, leaving Duignan standing in a daze.

As the Offaly man put it, it was ‘Welcome to the big time, baby.’[/I]

[QUOTE=“The Selfish Giant, post: 1148441, member: 80”]fair enough

your focus should be on returning to ball and to be able to drink for my 40th in July[/QUOTE]

@Gman[/USER], [USER=110]@Fran[/USER] and myself are all set for the party mate. We might need to bring [USER=179]@artfoley[/USER] along so we have a driver. Does [USER=230]@croppy mind keeping him occupied again?

Will you be taking any protective measures mate? Likely to be surrounded by a fair few muldoons and roasters from the nether regions of Connacht.[/QUOTE]
Unlikely mate. No-ones going