Dublin

I recall sitting in a café in Liverpool the morning of the play-off at Anfield in December 1995. A man sitting near meself and me oul’ fella who was having tea and toast engaged us in very cordial conversation. “I hope you win”, he told us.

He was from Holyhead. He described how as far as anybody in Holyhead was concerned “Holyhead is town. Oh Holyhead’s town alright.”

My take from this was that to anybody living in Holyhead, the world revolved around Holyhead. I didn’t want to dwell on these thoughts.

3 Likes

It’s on my bucket list in an ironic sort of way.

It’s rough as fuck. There’s an Irish bar there called Gleesons I think.

I think I played pool in here once.

It’s not that rough at all. It’s quite nice. It’s actually more than quite nice. It’s surrounded by the sea.

Photo of the roundabout on the way out of the ferry port. That’s the station on the right
It’s a lot less depressing than it used to be.

That was some classic. I’d nearly visit those lads in jail. They were fierce sound.

2 Likes

A grand spin. Did it a couple of years ago. Really lovely when it goes around the back of Howth. There’s a bar downstairs btw. Go into Kish Fish after you get off the boat and have a nice lunch.

It was when I was in college over there. The surrounding areas are beautiful.

They are. The town is a good bit less grim now too. As soon as the Cheshire set decide it’s ok, you won’t move for baristas and range rovers.

Once they get kicked out of Abersoch, Holyhead will thrive.

1 Like

:grinning:

#standard

1 Like

Bleedin right.

And deaf.

Bonsoir Madame.

https://x.com/TezTruth81/status/1822996361245049101?t=DgD28ESJnhAWjQIoCeY72w&s=19

nothing on the news about this mate

Some sort of incident was mentioned in The Journal

1 Like