Dublin

What do they do there Flano?

Was that not processed “chicken” you were grazing in Kebabish the last night?!

Arguably (because of Zaytoons) the best kebab going.

is the indian place Surman still on Camden street, beer in the bleeding horse and a curry in surma and then coppers them were the days

:rolleyes:

FFS

I haven’t been in Kebabish in over a year bro…

Yeara we in that Krystle place the last time i was up and tis full of cunts but i never got around the corner to see if the curry house was open

Yeeeeeeaaaaaaah

Nice one Dunph, some good pointers for when I’m home in September.

:lol:

I returned to Dublin yesterday evening and was able to have a bit of a look around while driving to Shelbourne Park for the feast of racing that was on. I was anxious to see what improvements the place had made.

The traffic was slow and laborious. I think this owed to the rugby football match that had been on earlier in the day but i thought most of these tards would have dispersed by 7pm. It was hard work trying to manoevure my way up Haddington Road, there were plenty of yuppie types in Leinster jerseys with gelled hair and sunglasses on their heads standing out around the road. I had to let out a few beeps and a few roars to get one fella to move. On a positive note i spotted one lovely lady out jogging, she was stopped tying her laces on the footpath while i was in traffic. She reminded me of an Olympian with all that sort of gear on and she looked very fit as well, she was like an aborigine actually.

I finally got to Shelbourne Park in plenty of time for the dogs, which was awesome fare (refer to the greyhound thread for report). On the way back through the city then around 10.30pm, i noticed an awful lot of taxi’s about. They seem more polite than the taxi drivers in Limerick anyway. I ran a red light at one stage, and received a few heckles from people on the footpath for it. This sort of thing is encouraged and done all the time in Limerick so i was surprised with the reaction. I also noticed a Mercedes across from Milanos that was clamped.

In short, Shelbourne Park is as glorious as ever and if only the rest of Dublin could be more like it. They need to get rid of these Leinster fans too. These tards are only an eyesore about the place and will do nothing to encourage tourism. I look forward to returning to Dublin again later in the summer and seeing what changes have been made.

Great report Dunph. :clap: It’s not the Lady Limerick but we have to make the best of it while exiled up here.

Great report Dunph. I live in Fingal but most of my work is in Dunlin so I can identify with the highlights and shortcomings identified. Had you a bite to eat at all in the capital?

Stopped in the same unassuming sort of chipper i always go to when i’m in Dublin, Marsella’s in Rathcoole. It’s one of the few Dublin chippers that could fit in below at home…

Rocko i hope you weren’t in the 51 yesterday? I saw a few bandwagoning types who could easily have been Bandage…

Neither myself nor Bandage were in there yesterday rest assured. I’d be very much Monday to Friday there and bandage would know better than to frequent the place when there’s rugby on.

No harm in a chipper to break up the journey. Used to have an awful soft spot for Macaris of Kildare Town for a burger and chip and something exotic en route to Limerick as a young accountant. Still have the number on my phone but the new motorway renders it inconvenient these days.

Fagan O’Dowd’s post on the magnificence of Griffith Avenue and the better weather the capital is experiencing this evening reminds me that there simply is no better place to live than Dublin. What a city.

+1 mate

I have a few hours to kill in Dublin early tomorrow afternoon. Amy recommendations, gents?

kilmanham jail

Glasnevin is decent enough too.