Dundee United v Celtic ☘

The weekend of the League Cup final will be crucial. Assuming that both us and them win their games until then (they are away to Hearts next Sunday) they could go 7 clear but obviously Celtic will have a game in hand. I’m always wary of that situation because it puts added pressure on you to get a win. I just don’t want to into the January game needing to win. Ideally they would drop points to Hearts and/or Dundee Utd on the 18th. 4 points means they have to mess up in two games and to be fair they are grinding out results at the moment. My only other hope is that Morelos, Kent etc start getting antsy in January and agitate for a move.

@Bisto hated Larsson & Mjallby too.

Hearts is a big game for them, they were lucky vs Hibs tbh, didnt look like scoring to its up to the boys in marooon

Ill bow to your knowledge from seeing a lot more of him… Mine was more a snapshot from watching second half while having my dinner in a pub… thought he looked to have no positional sense defensively when Dundee countered … it’s something I thought I noticed agin rangers before and also betis away … that and the amount of chances kyogo misses were the two notes I made on the beer mat …

you didnt note anything about Scales?

WTF?

I’m in pursuit of excellence pal , not subs coming on when team on front foot … I work off the mantra that good players want to be good all of the time not some of the time … I find starfelt lacking in something when I’ve seen him…

Thrown into a completely new team after completing quarantine with barely a pre-season or training session behind him. Overcomes early rustiness and the upheaval of a totally new regime trying to find their collective feet. Settles down and begins to put in solid displays. Gains more confidence and develops ever strengthening partnership with CCV. Key facet of Celtic having the best defensive record in the league* despite playing an ultra aggressive, front foot, high line style. Yet still we have @Bisto engaging in petty nitpicking, the like you’d associate more with @padjo.

*don’t mention European goals conceded record

1 Like

Apologies pal , we’re clearly using two different barometers , I mentioned rangers and betis , you’re talking general domestic matches … like I said I’ll bow to your superior knowledge of seeing him more than me …I’ll gladly be wrong on this if it so proves … but I’ll be keyboard ready if not …as you well know from your own running journey - the difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little bit extra

anytime mate

2 Likes

He had a solid game at Ibrox.

I missed Betis away as I was vacationing on the south Wexford riviera back in September.

Maybe the Spurs lad has since assumed the leadership role at the back and helped him but I remain unconvinced…I’ll keep keener eye on starfelt in light of your strong defence.

2 Likes

Lovely. Let’s keep things under review using the four eyes principle. I may be guilty of over-praising him now, I might have been guilty of the opposite up to some time in October.

Sounds reasonable , at my current rate I will watch Celtic probably 3 more times before season’s end … he better bring his ‘A’ games those days …