Eamon Ryan to save Limerick

@padjo
@Mac
@Horsebox

1 Like

They’ve been talking about reopening it since they closed it. Hopefully it goes ahead. Makes a pile of sense

I walk that line most weeks, its completely overgrown in spots.

cheer mate

you’re welcome

All the bridges need to be replaced as well

Its pie in the sky stuff mate. They’ve been talking about this long before Eamonn Ryan.

There has been talks of a zinc mine opening in Caherconlish for years with a plan to link that into the line to Foynes.

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy this is what you’re up against

2 Likes

yep, how dare someone try and make things better

no alternatives to save the west, just reasons why this wont work

1 Like

It should be done, but it will cost an awful lot of money to do it and I don’t see it happening without some major incentive like the mine.

JP will get it sorted for the Ryder cup

They could also use the track to fill the empty mine with ye’re boxite mountain, seal it up and let the water table take care of everything.

1 Like

That’s a great idea.

6 Likes

Could only improve caherconlish

1 Like

The Foynes line will be buried under the sustainable, vibrant and innovative Colbert Quarter soon, so they better act quick.

Foynes unfortunately is outside the M50 so it’s unlikely the bowld Eamon will save any railway line going there.

Whoa whoa! I have relations in caherconlish.

All limerick people want is an unnecessary motorway to make life easier for Munster fans.

1 Like

My late Grandad Mick used always tell us as young fellas if we were heading out “I don’t care where ye go drinking, but stay out of Caherconlish”

9 Likes

Don’t leave us hanging, did you?