Eamon Ryan to save Limerick

Rarely I agree with Ryan but this is a great idea. If they can electrify the rail network too would be a great green incentive to transport.

He wouldnā€™t last five minutes there

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

Re-opening the 40km line, closed in 2002, would cost ā‚¬45 million. The move would cut truck journeys between the city and port by 800 a year, helping to reduce transport emissions.

800 truck journeys a year is not much over 2 a dayā€¦

1 Like

How many trucks is a train?

It was Irish Cement who were using that line, but they pulled the plug in favour of road many years ago.

So does Harry Kane

Over 20 years thatā€™s about two and a half grand per truck. Great value :grinning:

Itā€™s a pity the Shannon ends abruptly in Foynes and doesnā€™t go as far as Limerick. If it did you could build a port of some sort in Limerick city, and thereā€™d be no need for the trucks or the train

The Shannon stops and the Atlantic takes back over, according to the last tourism campaign

Disappointed that @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy tried to deceive the forum when questioned about Ryanā€™s 2.5l diesel van.

I took @The_Selfish_Giants claim that the vehicle ran on biodeisel at face value, however it appears it is only "capable " of running biodeisel and Ryan has been using regular dirty diesel for years.

He needs that car for his special needs son.

Charming of you to attack him.on that

I still am under the belief that itā€™s biodiesel irregardless of your vile attack

Itā€™s capable of running on biodeisel, but biodeisel hasnā€™t been available for general sale for a number of years.

To hell with his special needs son then?

Charming

I donā€™t seem to remember you making allowances for people with special needs when you were attacking deisel drivers

My statements are correct. His car runs on biodiesel and he has a large car as itā€™s modified for his special needs son.

If you have an issue with that, spit it out

Iā€™ve no issue with diesel cars.

I only have issues with lies.

You have no issue with ruining your children future?

Iā€™ve no issue with people driving a vehicle that is suitable, practical and affordable for them.

I suppose Iā€™ve been brain washed by the Green Party propaganda from their last stint in power where they said everyone should drive diesel

2 Likes

You want to ruin your kids future. Nice

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy what are exports of renewable energy ?

Shipping the turbines back out?