Eamonn Sweeney

Sweeneys on the ball again today,he’s a must read every sunday now

Any link? The road to croker is a good read

What was his article about today?

Cunts.

sweeney is an arsehole

Pat mcquaid and irish rugby get a bit of a lash from eamonn this week

I doubt it will bother either of them much

I think Sweeney is a prick but another decent article from him today. Slated that cunt O’Connell. “He may have been fortunate in maiming one of Leinster’s lesser known players. Would the public and media reaction be quite as muted had it been Brian O’Driscoll or Sean O’Brien being carried off the pitch? One suspects not.”

“They also won’t have the sense to know that there’s really no such thing in Irish rugby as serious foul play. Our offenences are always excusable. For sheer self-righteous fury, it’s hard to beat Alickadoo Hibernicus, a species which managed to get a decades worth of outrage from the offences against sportsmanship perpetrated by super-villains Neil Back, Tana Umaga and Martin Johnson. When it comes to Trevor Brennan assaulting a spectator, Alan Quinlan gouging Leo Cullen or Cian Healy’s immortal moment of filth against England this year, which could easily have broken Dan Cole’s leg, different standards apply. Such is the rush to excuse and justify that you can be left with the impression that any offence committed by an Irish rugby player merely proves his inherent goodness of character.”

"Had the kick in the head been delivered by Paul Galvin or indeed any gaelic footballer from Ulster, there’d have been such an outcry Joe Duffy would have had to take the week off with earache. And this column would have received at least one letter telling us that this incident “explains why I will never let my children play GAA”.

The Sindo is a rag but Munster, Rob Penney and O’Connell got dogs abuse in this weeks edition from numerous contributors. :clap:

What’s your beef with sweeney ?

he hates Rovers

What’s wrong with that

for a muldoon like you,nothing

:clap:

I disagree with him over the admirable Trevor Brennan however.

You could enlighten me mate

he hates Rovers and is so bitter that he has used his column to lie about us or use hyperbole to jazz up incidents

On the ball because you agree with him.

1 Like

Yes

2 Likes

I gave up halfway through that article. What was he trying to articulate?

1 Like

Good article.

Club game is where its at.

2 Likes