Eamonn Sweeney

Have I missed this one being posted? Full WUM mode (I think)

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/eamonn-sweeney-have-you-ever-seen-a-starker-contrast-between-sports-than-the-hurling-final-and-irelands-qualifiers-36116885.html

Hurling is now more popular than soccer and rugby - the viewing numbers established that - Eamo is getting in on the gravy train early.

Amateur players aren’t they great lads, shouldn’t they be greatly admired etc etc etc.
Didn’t stop him absolutely savaging Mayo a few weeks ago :grinning:

To be fair. This bullshit gets rehashed an average of once a year anyway.

All sports are different.

Why people are obsessed with every single one looking like the one they grew up with is strange.

My sport is better than your sport, wah wah wah. Tiresome.

2 Likes

Sweeney is a soccer man first and foremost.

Sweeney is two ends of a prick. His attack on Stephen Rochford was abhorrent. He can FOAD.

He loves NFL - That makes him sound.

1 Like

Have manners you

I met an American fella in the pub during the All Ireland final. He couldn’t believe the players on show were all amateurs. Said it was the greatest sport he’d ever seen.

I met a chap from Limerick City that evening who is a soccer man . He thinks the hurling is shite , cant see any skill , reckons it is a pursuit by farmers to fill the time between a cow’s milk production .

Did you explain to him they get paid by the state?

https://m.independent.ie/sport/golf/ryder-cup/comment-it-may-have-plenty-of-swing-but-the-ryder-cup-dont-mean-a-thing-37370724.html

Meh

That’s so bad, it would pass for a Ewan MacKenna article. I’d say he’d a right self satisfied head on him when he came up with the shit Eriksen / Kramaric analogy.

1 Like

I’d say he came up with that analogy and then rammed a whole article around it

It’s a bad state of affairs when Sweeney makes Curtis look like a decent journalist

He’s right, the Ryder Cup is bollocks. Boozed up Tory Brits cheering for Europe. Fucking Paul McGinley FFS.

2 Likes