Eir TV

Iā€™m sure you get 10MB of storage thrown in too.

4 Likes

61 users on here!

11 Likes

Yes, but theyā€™re all the one person.

I presume the idea is just to get rid of everyone rather than them actually expecting many people to pay it. I suppose whatever smucks pay it, then grand. If they fuck off, thatā€™s grand too

Robbing bastards supplying mediocre service be it broadband or phone etc,and definitely the worst customer care service in Ireland

My dad paid for an Ireland.com one from the get go and was annoyed when they dropped the option.

1 Like

Anyone know if itā€™s possible to set up some kind of redirect to another email account? Going be a big inconvenience for the poor bastards with them from the start

My mother is the only person I know with one, and she mainly gets her information from the parish newsletter

1 Like

Sheā€™s not on her own

Not if you donā€™t have access to the email anymore.
Iā€™m pretty sure I have an old @eircom.net account forwarding to my gmail for the past 10 years.

1 Like

You use Gmail :eek:

Could you clarify those two points please?

Is this charge for incoming or outgoing email?
I had to setup a new outgoing server a few years ago because they pulled the plug on you if you werenā€™t an Eircom customer.

Or is this just their webmail service?

If you have an eircom email youā€™ll be charged ā‚¬6 a month for the privilege of accessing it. If you donā€™t access it, itā€™ll be deleted within two months

Thanks for the reply but that doesnā€™t answer any of my questions unfortunately.

Anybody else?

If you want to keep your email account active you will need to pay them.

If you dont I assume you can do nothing and they will eventually delete your mailbox and your address will be unable to receive email.

ok, thanks, getting there.

I suppose the fact that I use Microsoft Outlook on my PC for my email doesnā€™t help matters? Itā€™s my emails sitting on their server waiting for me to download every morning is the problem.

Should, could comreg get involved here. It seems very unfair.

I presume they can disable the account, deleting the data seems very odd. Surely, they cannot just delete peoples information.

Iā€™d presume there is some sort of archival/migration policy

If you are using Outlook on your PC to pull down the mail then at least it will be very straight forward for you to generate a backup of the mailbox for archive purposes.

However it wont get you around the fact the email address will stop working if you dont pay them.

Well I wonā€™t be paying them thatā€™s for sure.

Who would ye recommend to change to, that wonā€™t start the same game in a few months/years?

Protonmail is fierce popular on the dark web

1 Like