Eircom Problems

Anyone getting error messages trying to load web pages or is it just me?

Ya me too. Gettng too regular

For the money I pay its a joke. For some reason the freekick is usually uneffected by Eircoms problems. I thank the Dunph for this. :smiley:

thefreekick and facebook are been hit worst for me with it with me… just did a speed test my 7mb eircom bb is giving me results of 4.5 download speed when it works

Are you trying to load webpages from Google links Shan? I can’t load pages at all from Google tonight, I’ve no problem loading webpages direct in the address field.

Eircom is a crumbling dinosaur. Unfortunately the majorty of bradband links have to pass through Eircoms care at some stage.

I was indeed but seems to be grand now. I have learned to live with it at this stage. :smiley:

Seems to be acting up on me again. :smiley:

Signing in :smiley:

Fucking joke. Racing in Wolverhampton 2nite and i can’t get my bet on. Fuck eircom cunts

Why cant all sites be like the freekick. Never a problem getting on here. Good work lads. :smiley:

Did you try turning it off and turning it back on again?

I even tried ctrl-alt-delete but nothing. :smiley:

is the firmware on your modem up to date ?

I think so. Purely Eircoms fault. Seems to happen at least once every 2 weeks or so at the moment. With Gmail going down on Tuesday as well its been a week of inconvience.

how long are you with them ? you could legitimately tell them to fuck off after blocking the pirate bay, alternatively complai to comreg about the service

Was out in the homeplace last night where they’ve Eircom Broadband and it was a fucking disgrace. Some sites worked, others didn’t. TFK wouldn’t load for some reason. Shite service.

Ya their DNS servers are bollixed. The DNS servers are the ones which contain the addresses of websites (it’s like a giant phonebook). You type in the address to your toolbar, it then goes off to contact the DNS server, this server lookups the ip address of the website and then contects you to it. If you already have the ip address in the recent cache then the DNS server doesn’t need to look it up so will connect you automatically, that is why some sites will work and others won’t.

You should change the settings on your router to use OpenDNS (free DNS servers) as opposed to Eircoms one.

Thanks Runty. It’s not my connection but next time I’m home I’ll sort it out there.

Fucking pack of jokers anyway.

Have to say that UPC’s service has been excellent since I got it.

[quote=“Rocko”]Thanks Runty. It’s not my connection but next time I’m home I’ll sort it out there.

Fucking pack of jokers anyway.

Have to say that UPC’s service has been excellent since I got it.[/quote]

I wouldn’t mind getting UPC, but I don’t think their Internet stretches to the rural back water I inhabit. Do you have there multi-channel package as well? Whats the “sky+” option like on it?