El Classico

Does Messi carry Argentina by keeping clean sheets? Yes or no please.

Geoff you need to produce evidence now or shut up. Nembo has categorically stated on here that Messi canā€™t do it against Italian sides.

If you have any stats or video evidence to debunk this, then stick it up.

@GeoffreyBoycott, your silence is deafening.

Mythi doesnā€™t do it against Italian sides. I donā€™t think you can argue it.

No he carries them by winning them games at the other end. Do you accept that Argentina are a much better team when Messi is playing so, given you havenā€™t addressed that point yet?

Not in the business end of major tournaments.

Iā€™m highlighting the @Nembo_Kid tactic of using lies/false facts, whatever you want to call them to advance his arguments. The discussion on Messi the day after Barcelona beat Juventus in the 2015 European Cup Final is a classic case in point.

[quote=ā€œNembo_Kid, post:153, topic:20546ā€]Youā€™re shifting the goalposts. Messi has only scored in one game from play in the 11 times he has face Italian opposition. Thatā€™s my point and that is irrefutable.
[/quote]

1 Like

So you canā€™t disprove the point, only contend the semantics.

Weak.

My point is the lies you repeatedly tell the
forum to advance your arguments.

Messi has four European Cup medals. Is there even one active Italian footballer in Europe that has one winners medal? Iā€™m struggling to think of one. The last Italian side to win the European Cup way back in 2010, Internazionale, had no Italian player in their starting line up.

Bizarre and anti logic in a decade that Barcelona and Messi dominated that you keep referring to Italian sides as some sort of important benchmark. Italian club sides have been largely an irrelevance when it came to the serious business of winning the European Cup over the last decade. You seem to be having a lot of problems facing up to the fall from grace of Italian club football.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s a mega clamping there.

Have you any explanation for this Totti? Did @GeoffreyBoycott doctor the videos above?

WOWZERSā€¦

You really are determined to take all the joy out of football, arenā€™t you?

The point is he doesnā€™t do against Italian teams or in the business end of major international tournaments. Unless you have evidence that contends this then Iā€™m not interested.

Bumped for @Nembo_Kid.

Messi is clearly doing the business against Italian teams in these videos. Do you not remember seeing any of these games?

1 Like

Thatā€™s amazing stat @GeoffreyBoycott

Heā€™s played against Italian sides more than the handful of videos there. He flops against Italian sides with regularity.

Drink your tea like a good boy

1 Like

This is bizarre, within one week of Messi being outplayed by Calico Juventus there are chumps on here trying to say he does it when it matters vs Italian teams

whackos

1 Like

You still havenā€™t answered my question - why did you lie to the forum about the number of games in which Messi scored from open play against Italian opposition?

1 Like

I didnā€™t lie.