Election Betting

Wouldnā€™t think thatā€™s a great bet. Would cause a big public back lash.

Ladbrokes shops will lay to lose 100 euro in shops.

A buddy wanted 50 euro @ 3/1 but they only would give him 33.33 :sweat_smile:

Daire O Brien not even priced up for top votes. In a large constituency with a history of FF and no massive opponents to speak of. And no real pact with his running mateā€¦ still a crazy thing to be betting on but Iā€™d like to see the price

He was 6/1 on Wednesday

What about Michael Ring at 14/1?

What price is Cathal Berry in Kildare South, heā€™s an interesting one. Living in Portarlington, ex military. Port and Killenard are now in Kildare South and the natives donā€™t like it. I suspect they may vote for one of their own rather than the Kildare Candidates, plus heā€™s military so he may get votes off the Curragh.

2/1

Get to fuck, canā€™t believe itā€™s not more

I think he had a shot at the start of things, but word on the ground is that heā€™s had a weak campaign

1 Like

Hmmmm, I heard otherwise. Be interesting to see if he can get Port out behind him, many were saying they werenā€™t gonna vote at all

Performed poorly in the KFM debates. Iā€™ve a source here in one of the campaigns

Cant believe Seamus Healy is 2-1 in Tipp.

I was looking at him at 3/1 and I was going to go into the bookies today for a cut off it but 6/4 is a bit skinny.

I dunno Barney, I think thereā€™s a sea change a coming, Sinn Fein could well get over 30 seats

Just looking at PP there and Lab over 5.5 seats is 5/6.

Jesus, theyā€™ll surely cover that??

Value on Labour was much earlier in the campaign when the spread was 8.5. I suspect they might not even cover 5.5. Either way thereā€™s no value there.

John Brady in Wicklow at 14/1 looks to be the best value in that market. SF candidate with no running mate. Running in a 5 seater (last 9 national vote toppers were in 5 seaters) and he had a stronger first preference last time than Doherty, who has a running mate.

The same logic also applies to Stanley in Laois/Offaly but FF are stronger there and might hinder him a bit. Topping the national vote getting table has never been done twice in a row, and I imagine the Healy Raeā€™s will be vote managing like fuck to help Danny.

1 Like

Sean Crowe is 16/1

Thatā€™s the one Iā€™d be keeping an eye on. Great constituency worker

Howlin and Kelly look nailed on.

Surely theyā€™ll pick up another four seats along the wayā€¦ surely.