Election Betting

Not a bad price!

Christy Burke could have an outside chance at 3s. Mary Lou should have a big surplus and he is ex SF. He’s a former mayor so has a profile as well.

1 Like

I think Social Democrats and Greens will perform better than expected particularly in middle class areas. Labour will be squeezed further than expected. Both Greens and Social Democrats are less tarnished in eyes of middle class soft left voters.

The Labour vote is now candidate driven rather than party driven .

1 Like

Labour and Soc Dems votes are both candidate driven. SF and Greens much less so, though a good candidate will always help. It’s why I think there will be surprises with some “weak” or little known SF candidates sweeping in.

2 Likes

Labour and the Soc Dems need S.F. in government to give them a lifeline .

Labour have a rich history as a party which is their long term lifeline. The Soc Dems are a pop up party with no real grass roots to speak of. They have good people involved, but as you say their vote is very candidate driven. That’s quite similar to the PDs who had a load of TDs who made their name with FF or in McDowell’s case FG. The PDs’ vote went down continually after 1987 , they increasingly relied on celebrity candidates, and they ended up withering away because they had no grass roots and no real ideological reason for existence. The Democratic Left was another pop up party with a candidate driven vote which had no real ideological reason for existence. The Soc Dems have no real ideological differences with Labour. Inevitably the Soc Dems will run into difficulties at some point in the not too distant future because Shortall and Murphy are old and will probably retire next time and because Labour won’t remain as toxic forever. At that point the lack of ideological difference between the two will become glaringly apparent and they will likely merge into “Labour-Social Democrat Alliance” or something like that.

1 Like

I just realised that “Labour-Social Democrats” would be abbreviated to “LSD”, which would be marvellous.

“Tune in, turn on, vote FF out”

“Vote LSD for a liberal drugs policy.”

Under 35.5 surely?

5 Likes

Would think so. They wont get in everywhere

I’ve charged in.

As did I.

1 Like

SF line now 38.5

Now 37.5

Dunno about that now , say they will be 30+

I’ve hedged at 38.5 thanks to @Copper_pipe

Every chance . Be great to get him in .

Not sure. SF ahead by 800 odd on the tallies.

Need transfers to be very kind

He’s a useless cunt.