Election Predictions

Very comprehensive @Sidney. Fair play.

1 Like

@Sidney
great post
just FYI,
SF will not hold a seat in Cork East
Sandra Maclellan quit the party over bullying allegations , also my mate and FOTF Cllr, Kieran Maccrthy from Cobh who served 2 years in a Belgian prison after being arrested with a fake driving license in a car loaded with explosives targetting princess diana has also quit the party and is running independent, he will take all the cobh / carraig shinner vote
100% they will not hold the seat

We will make it up in Clare.

Is East Cork the only constituency where SF party discipline has broken down?

Edit - adding an informative rating.

Kildare South too, but it was much less public.

Agree. I think it’ll be 2 FG, 1 FF, 1 Lab in Cork East

yeah he used to help a coalman who used to deliver to us and the cops came down and dumped out every bag of coal in the yard looking for weapons

there’s a lot of people going Sinn Fein/IRA in Clare

At a guess this is how I’d see Cork East going. I think the SF brand is strong enough to sustain any local party difficulties and I also think you overestimate the effect these things have on how people vote - many people wouldn’t be aware of it and most won’t give a fuck either way.

O’KEEFFE (FF) 16
STANTON (FG) 15
BUCKLEY (SF) 12
SHERLOCK (LAB) 12
BARRY (FG) 9
AHERN (FF) 8
K MCCARTHY (IND) 8
N MCCARTHY (FG) 5
LINEHAN FOLEY (IND) 4
BRADFORD (RENUA) 4
SOC DEM 3
THE REST 4

Fair play Sid. You can get 5/1 Renua no seat with PP.

Think Ferris will hold on in North Kerry at the expense of Griffin.

Will the two clowns really get in Kerry?

Could well be 5, they have 5 seats to fill

5 Likes

29 seats for SF is looking increasingly unlikely the closer we get to Friday

I had Jan O’Sullivan at my door just now, practically grovelling for the vote, I’ll nearly give her my number 1 the poor thing, seems like a nice lady. She reckons it’s a dogfight for the last seat in Limerick between herself and Quinlivan, the bookies don’t agree but I wouldn’t be surprised if Quinlivan’s vote doesn’t turn out like he expects.

After working my magic in Cork, I’m up for a few nights to boost Quinne’s campaign…this despite being childhood mates with Jan’s son and occasionally enjoying the comforts of her front parlour.

Her front parlour? Is that a sexual innuendo there Chocco? If so, maybe text this to the Ladies of the Election thread

No you deviant… An outrageous post, so it is.

1 Like

I’ve come across Quinlivan at various functions/events over the last few years and he seems a bit aloof, keeps out of the way Willie O’Dea style, terrible dresser as well.
Is he a brother of Nessan, the fella who shot his way out of Brixton prison.

Yes he is…tbf, he turns out for most events and is nearly always at Limerick senior hurling games. He does stand off but is very approachable.

1 Like

Quinlivan will be elected, most likely at the expense of Jan O’Sullivan, but I wouldn’t rule out O’Donnell being dragged into a serious three-way dogfight for the last two seats.