Electric Picnic

Fucking hell, I won’t ask what the Heritage or Killeshin is like

I typed Maldrob, by accident.

Yea I cracked the code.

Fagan,
The taxi rank at the Picnic between midnight and 4am on Friday and Saturday nights is mayhem. Massive queues.
Some people have pre-booked where others then think these people are queue skipping. There was slaps thrown there last year over it and only 2 young fellas trying to keep things orderly.
Best thing to do is pre-arrange an exact meeting spot in Stradbally town (far away from the official rank). We did that this year and it worked a treat. It is about a 20 minute walk from the main arena so not too bad.
The other problem you’ll have is that the local Laois taxi drivers won’t commit to a definite time. EP weekend is worth big money to them. When you try to pre-book, they will all say just ring when you are ready to leave and they’ll see what they can do. Of course, trying to get through to them at 3am is next to impossible. 6 of us were heading up and down from Kildare so we used a Kildare based firm for the 30 minute spin.
Alternatively, you could just take a pile of yokes, go to the rave in the woods and then wonder outside at around 7am when the rush for taxis at the rank should be over.

6 Likes

Winner :sunglasses:

1 Like

Fagan I know a lad with a few slats nearby, don’t be afraid to ask if you’re stuck.

I’d hire a massive camper van for myself, its the only way you’d have a bit of comfort when you are taking a few yolks

Informative. I’m definitely glamping.

Christ above. Weather has turned nasty for this… :closed_umbrella::closed_umbrella:

The female RTE presenter for this looks a bit like a supermarket own brand version of my number one late 1990s celebrity crush Cat Deeley.

A supermarket own brand version of Cat Deeley still means a very attractive woman, just not as attractive.

A tribe called quest are on in awhile.

They should be good…as for whats on now, cringe.

What the fuck is this? Just turned it on…

I’ve no idea…its fucking awful though.

Only thing saving it are the Orchestra.

Shes the girl off the lotto. A beautiful lady

Jenny greene and the national concert orchestra and 4 waaaa waaaas from dublin who think they are from deeeetroit

1 Like

Will they? RTE can barely afford to get clearance for a Gavin James busking number. They just fill the dross with that cunt eoghann McDermott and his snowflakes

Hes after making about 6 party political broadcasts since I put it on

A tribe called quest are very good.

She’s lovely but not as lovely as Cat. When Cat presented the UK Top 40 chart show with Edith Bowman on MTV in the late 90s, she’d lounge about on the flat sofa in the studio in her bare feet, and wiggle her toes and throw her hair back over that sparkling cheeky smile in an almost coital way. It did things to I, the viewer.

Poor Edith, who is not an unattractive woman herself, might as well not have even been on screen.

1 Like

About what ?