Electric Picnic

I think they have to make a call on this within the next week or so.

There won’t be a 70,000 Attendee Electric Picnic this year. It’s a ball hop by Festival Republic to get the Government to call it off so that they don’t have to announce a line up of the Coronas, Imelda May, Aslan and Dermot Kennedy.

10 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

A load of empty stages and a festival of people sessioning in their tents.

Paschal :rofl:

Exactly - it wont be going ahead…

It should but it won’t.

It should because you say so, yeah, good one :+1:

You can have 70,000 people in a field in Stradbally for four days but Katharine Zappone can’t host a garden party for 50 people in the Merrion?

9 Likes

I know you’re taking your new contrary pro restriction view quite seriously at the moment, but at the end of September pretty much every is vaccinated and they’re proposing to only let in the vaccinated or recovered, on the same basis as hospitality.

I don’t think we will ever get a safer environment. Are the rules on vaccination and hospitality going to be around next year? You’d hope not, and if so that means it’s safer to run it this year while those rules are still implementable.

I’d be in favour of capacity sporting events too. Both these things are safer than indoor hospitality as they operate outdoors. By end August everyone is vaccinated. For me it’s a case of if not now, when? It’s not going to get any safer.

1 Like

Fuck Stradbally

Next year - Now be a good boy until then please.

What’s your reasoning for that?

Electric Picnic will be restricted to individuals who are double vaccinated 14 days prior to event.

Safe as houses :rofl:

Hypocrite.

What if they go, but it’s not real bands, just stand ins.
And no one gives a ceremonial blessing of the pills.

That way they’ll get to enjoy the festival, but not compromise on public health.

Some amount of upset crusty hipsters over this decision.

Well played Laois County Council.

1 Like