Electric Picnic

The Killers would have been a massive draw 15 years ago but they have faded into obscurity really

Fred again is outstanding and will steal the show no doubt.

Oh the tillage farmers are not going to be happy

maybe theyll book cat stevens to make them happy

Would have clashed with Coldplay if they’d have left it.

There’s a few festival clashes or pipe ups in the calendar now. Beyond the pale clashes with body and soul, intentionally apparently. Then August is quite busy with smaller festivals.

Sure theyll sell out before booking any acts and youll be left with Chic and the coronas headlining

1 Like

Hardly matters??

If thats the blurred out act you may lave it so

He may stay at the bales

2 Likes

2 Likes

Someone post up the line up at Oxygen 2011.

We used to be a proper country.

He’ll be in the campsite for most of the weekend skulling cans, be grand.

I’m going again this year but don’t have very high expectations based on the line up, it’s pretty poor. Hopefully the weather is OK.

Dead right proper big name acts. Well worth the money. Wasnt it the sunday that tipp hammered Waterford in the munster final? About 3 different people told me the score before i believed it

200px-OXEGEN_2011_POSTER

It was.

Huge crowd into see Tony Kelly in the Minor beforehand.

Walking out, a neighbour of mine went up to Brian Cody and says to him, ‘Jesus we’ve a super team’. Cody smiled, said ‘enjoy that’ and walked off.

Great days.

1 Like

Country has never been the same since Oxegen was did away with.

2 Likes

The corporate naming trend for this festival was ridiculous.

It started as a Guinness branded festival named “Witnness” - not a spelling mistake - it had two Ns to create the -nness part to reflect it being sponsored by Guinness. “Witness” would have been a shit name for a music festival anyway. “Witnness” was much worse.

Then when Heineken bought the sponsorship rights it became Oxegen in 2004, with the spelling again vaguely reflecting the sponsor’s name in a very uneasy way.

Presumably if Carlsberg had bought sponsorship rights it would have become “Iceberg” or some such, or if Budweiser had bought rights it might have been the “Wiser” festival, featuring a “Syntheseiser” tent. Had Smithwicks sponsored it it might have been the “Muswick” festival with an “Electronwicks” tent.

It’s to the benefit of all of us that such names never saw the light of day.

Cod of a festival

See you at the rave in the woods mate

1 Like