Electric Picnic

You’re not a vaper are you??

2 Likes

There’s nobody to drive the tractors John?

I was at Oxegen in 2004 where The Darkness headlined the Sunday; I drank a good shot of Poteen on the way up on the bus and was pretty wasted and then hungover for most of the day afterwards; it was a bit of a washout and a bit shite all told

1 Like

Sadly he has his shite. Festival Republic have the jump on the IFA.

The weather is unreal.

See you at Cian Ducrot

1 Like

I presume Festival Republic are changing the dates to twin up with a british festival.

When EP was small, having niche performers and loads of different areas was the selling point. First weekend in September intended to keep the younger crowd from going but have a good weekend. Small crowd with a nice feel to the event. Its a long way from those weekends that John Reynolds started, GRH. Now its just about the money.

There is 70,000 at EP this weekend. Oxegen had 80,000 in its day but had serious line ups. Oxegen was twinned with T in the Park so it was easy to get big names to play both festivals on the one weekend. I’m sure thats what Festival Republic are trying to do by bringing the festival forward into the middle of August. Big Line up and push the capacity up to 80,000.

2 Likes

Fred again is gonna knock it out of the picnic

1 Like

I believe they are moving because of the Coldplay concerts in croker.

Coldplay are playing this weekend next year.

All Ireland hurling final rumoured to be the same weekend as ep which used to be always the case until the gaa committed an act of sporting hari kari.

1 Like

That makes sense. The shift in the music business to making money from shows as opposed to doing shows to drive record sales makes it harder to get more bigger acts too. EP line up this year is very weak though. Billie Eilish aside the strength of their main lineup is probably equivalent to all together now, which is less than a quarter the size.

Why mate? Do Coldplay want to go to the picnic?

Enjoy, he’s some operator

1 Like

The niece had all her cans robbed this morning. I’d say there’s some shower of cunts at this.

3 Likes

Would EP be attracting more gurriers these days a la the latter days of Oxegen? I know they were initially a more boutique festival for a slightly more mature crowd.

EP is now oxegen and all together now is now EP.

2 Likes

Is that the same niece who’s tent gave up on her last year and you had to perform a rescue mission on?

She has no luck.

That’s the lassie.

She sounds like good craic.