Emerging GAA Stars

I said we’d start a new thread, sorry to anyone who posted up on the other thread.

Here’s a few that come to mind for me.

Football:

Paddy Curran - Kerry
Paul O’ Flynn - Cork
Kevin Harrington - Cork
Ray Carey - Cork
Noel O’ Donovan - Cork
David Moran - Kerry
Kyle Coney - Tyrone
Barry John Walsh - Kerry
Barry grogan - Tipperary

Hurling

Conor O Sullivan - Cork
**William Kearney - Cork
Brian Corry - Cork
Robert O’ Driscoll - Cork
Noel Mcgrath - Tipperary
Joe Canning - Galway
Colm Morey - Clare

Dual

**William Egan - Cork
**Lorcan Mcloughlin - Cork

• Refused place on Cork Hurling panel
    ** Refused places on Cork senior panel due to friendships with Cork panalist, but both are well capable of playing Inter-County Football as well.

It is Caimin Morey kev boy…

pointless putting the bogballers up there- if they are any good they will choose to be sportsmen & go to Oz

Apolgies to Caimin and the extended Morey family.

Football - Diarmuid Connolly

Right

John Conlon (Clare) Aged 19

Smashing prospect is John. Scored three points from wing forward in the munster 21s final and got 2 against Cork. Scored 1-1 on his debut gainst Trale in the waterford crystal last week. A strong lad who is superb to filed high ball and has a good eye for a score, lacking a small bit of pace but has all the otehr attributes needed and should nail down a place in the Clare attack this year.

Gavin o Mahoney (limerick) Aged 21
Has been on the limerick panel for the past few years (think he played in the all ireland final as a blood sub?) and has the potentila to be an excellent half back and will come on leaps and bounds under Justin McCarthy, a very natural hurler but has suffered a bit with injury, he is a decent long range free taker also and was wing back on the limerick minor team that got to the all ireland in 2005

Brendan Maher (tipperary) aged 20
A smashing young hurler from Borrisaleigh, very strong and dynamic hurler who could well hold his own anywhere from number 2 to 12 on the tipp team. Chances are he will be used it the midfield or half forward line by liam sheedy, was midfileder on the 2006 all ireland minior winning team and captained the 2007 team from wing forward yet he played in the backs for thetipp 21s in the year gone by…

Haven’t time to write in depth about too many more at the minute but others to watch:
Kevin Hynes ( Galway)
Nickey O Connell (Clare)
Patrick Kelly (Clare)
Connor Cooney (Clare)
Paddy Hogan (Kilkenny)
Seamus(?) Hennessey(Tipp)
Robert O Driscoll (Cork)

Anything but predictable:rolleyes:

[quote=“The Puke”]Right

John Conlon (Clare) Aged 19

Smashing prospect is John. Scored three points from wing forward in the munster 21s final and got 2 against Cork. Scored 1-1 on his debut gainst Trale in the waterford crystal last week. A strong lad who is superb to filed high ball and has a good eye for a score, lacking a small bit of pace but has all the otehr attributes needed and should nail down a place in the Clare attack this year.

Gavin o Mahoney (limerick) Aged 21
Has been on the limerick panel for the past few years (think he played in the all ireland final as a blood sub?) and has the potentila to be an excellent half back and will come on leaps and bounds under Justin McCarthy, a very natural hurler but has suffered a bit with injury, he is a decent long range free taker also and was wing back on the limerick minor team that got to the all ireland in 2005

Brendan Maher (tipperary) aged 20
A smashing young hurler from Borrisaleigh, very strong and dynamic hurler who could well hold his own anywhere from number 2 to 12 on the tipp team. Chances are he will be used it the midfield or half forward line by liam sheedy, was midfileder on the 2006 all ireland minior winning team and captained the 2007 team from wing forward yet he played in the backs for thetipp 21s in the year gone by…

Haven’t time to write in depth about too many more at the minute but others to watch:
Kevin Hynes ( Galway)
Nickey O Connell (Clare)
Patrick Kelly (Clare)
Connor Cooney (Clare)
Paddy Hogan (Kilkenny)
Seamus(?) Hennessey(Tipp)
Robert O Driscoll (Cork)[/quote]

are my eyes deceiveing me pukey - only 1 KK player as a rising star despite KKs dominance at underage levels for year & a host of shitty clare players- laughable

it shuld be 9 KK players & an other ( mccafferty from Dublin)

I heard he’s a wild wan!:wink:

the truth hurts padjo - the GayFL scouts take the best players so it would be futile to predict future bogball stars without taking that into account- best thing to do is take the best 20 potential bigotball players- take away the best 10 & work of the second 10 as being future stars

What the fuck?

[quote=“north county corncrake”]are my eyes deceiveing me pukey - only 1 KK player as a rising star despite KKs dominance at underage levels for year & a host of shitty clare players- laughable

it shuld be 9 KK players & an other ( mccafferty from Dublin)[/quote]

But will these young lads get a run with kilkenny ncc…TJ reid is as good a forward as there is in the country but couldn’t get his place last year, no point in naming lads who would only be squad players and won’t see championship action…

But then again yiou are a tool and wouldn’t understand

[quote=“The Puke”]But will these young lads get a run with kilkenny ncc…TJ reid is as good a forward as there is in the country but couldn’t get his place last year, no point in naming lads who would only be squad players and won’t see championship action…

But then again yiou are a tool and wouldn’t understand[/quote]

of course they will - coady keeps reinvigorating the team- keeping them hungry - remember the ruthless way he got rid of carter-thats what keeps them on their toes

even if these clare players make the senior team they will still get honked by KK so they will hardly be stars

huh?

[quote=“north county corncrake”]of course they will - coady keeps reinvigorating the team- keeping them hungry - remember the ruthless way he got rid of carter-thats what keeps them on their toes

[/quote]

that was then ncc, the current kilkenny lads won’t take their eye off the ball and throw their toys out of the pram like carter did…

[quote=“north county corncrake”]are my eyes deceiveing me pukey - only 1 KK player as a rising star despite KKs dominance at underage levels for year & a host of shitty clare players- laughable

it shuld be 9 KK players & an other ( mccafferty from Dublin)[/quote]

You name 9 players from KK that are emerging stars?
Most people here will only know the players where they are from, or have seen in college etc. I wouldn’t have mentioned anyone there that i hadn’t seen. I doubt you have seen many of the KK hurlers now have you.

Good shout puke. I think he’ll be a lot better than the brother

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]You name 9 players from KK that are emerging stars?
Most people here will only know the players where they are from, or have seen in college etc. I wouldn’t have mentioned anyone there that i hadn’t seen. I doubt you have seen many of the KK hurlers now have you.[/quote]

KK might have one or two lads coming through but to be honest, we’re a small county so that’s all you could hope for.

Best look at the bench and see if a few of them might make the break through. We’ll see. Looks as if Cork, Tipp, Clare, Galway are the ones to watch in 09…

Your really revelling in your guise as IOTM this month. Its seems its given you the confidence for you to go and be an even bigger idiot, well done.

I have always been impressed with paddy…Saw him hurl a few times against flannans when he was in Keirons and he always looked like a future kilkenny senior…The other brother has plenty of ability but seems a bit light for intercounty hurling…

Was he centre back on the intermediates last year?