Energy Crisis

Great week for big wind

1 Like

Do we know what damage, if any, this might do to our fragile sea bed and marine life?

'Twill be grand til the French go on strike and set fire to the cable, which they’ll probably do once a month.

2 Likes

It’ll be great for Limpets.

1 Like

Nuclear all the way. But we don’t care now.

How French Electricity Is Generated

2 Likes

Not sure why you are blurring out your images, but you’d prefer a higher percentage at peak demand (6pm) rather than at 6am. It’s something I suppose but let’s see some average graphs for a change.

Eamon must have achieved more in two years in this portfolio than all of his predecessors put together?

3 Likes

November 17th wasn’t so good.

As @Locke would say we’re tipping away at about 20%. I haven’t seen any chart where we went over 100%. So we won’t be exporting wind generated electricity to France any time soon.

1 Like

Ah, I see @Ambrose_McNulty says it’s 15% above.

Why would we need to import energy if we had a surplus?

great news mate

Energy and Wild Animal Deaths (idausa.org)

we will export when we have a surplus
import when we have a deficit

We’ll ram electricity down their french throats even if they don’t want it at that time, and charge them for it.

Lets see
Metro getting built
Interconnector with France
Dart North & Dart West orders in
interconnector with France
More renewable generation being built
Grants for retrofits & solar massively increased
Ceiling on price for wind and sun renewable energy

thats just in the last 3 months

3 Likes

France can send it on to other countries mate

FFG are knocking it out of the park

We have spent billions getting this farce of a supply to 15%. We had the second lowest electricity price in Europe until the regulator was formed and pumped up the price to make wind viable. Within two years we had the second highest electricity price in Europe. We’d easily have 2 nuclear power plants up and running for the overall cost of this shite, and the country is visually destroyed with the monstrosities. In 20 years time it will be looked upon as another great green policy failure along with diesel cars they flooded the country with.

6 Likes

EU negotiator on something or other at COP? That’s a great record.

The retro fitting scheme has been an abject failure mate.