Energy Crisis

Itā€™s only the lowest of low information simpletons who think wind energy is a viable efficient solution. It provided 47.4% of the countries energy needs at 3am last Tuesday morning when eveyone was asleep!

Whats the solution really? Firing these cunts out of a cannon? Unfortunately we have to actually live through their braindead ideas and pretend they work. Itā€™s depressing

6 Likes

eh, it takes time to scale up

@TheUlteriorMotive , how was your experience

thats actually a good point, why isnt anyone anywhere talking about an interconnector to France- grrrrrrrrrr

Nuclear is ok as long as itā€™s in somebody elseā€™s country

as Eamon Ryan said, it takes years to get a bike lane built in this country, what chance of getting a nuclear power plant built in the next 10 years,

if it was the other way around, and we planned to build a power plant- people would rightly ask, why not build an interconnector to France

It was positive other than the BER guy. The BER cert element of the grant needs to be streamlined

I wasnā€™t full retrofit - just attic. The contractors were excellent.

noted

1 Like

Some day in the future, up to 3% of Franceā€™s electric blankets will be powered by Irish wind, for a short whileeen.

3 Likes

Exactly. You canā€™t have it every way.

Why canā€™t you just nod your head like a fat civil servant and believe what the government tell you like a good boy. This calling out the smell of bullshit isnā€™t how itā€™s done

Watch it pal.

2 Likes

Sorry bud, didnā€™t realise you were carrying a bit of timber

@artfoley under attack

BER Assessors get audited within an inch of their lives. Accumulate 10 penalty points and your off the BER registerā€¦ So hense the never ending paper trail of product Certs, heating design docs and documented evidence.

I see SEAI are looking for a new Head Of IT, perhaps this will signal the dawn of a Docusign type more streamlined experienceā€¦ Though looking at the salary on offer Iā€™d wouldnā€™t hold my breath.

2 Likes

Whole system would be ripe for bribery otherwise.

1 Like

Some craic when I was doing them, none of that lark :rofl:

6 Likes

Them were the days. Fellas would pay top dollar to get an A rating.

3 Likes

In fairness to the lads doing the report theyā€™ll advise on what you can do to improve the rating. I was on the cusp of going up a grade and yer man told me if I got a thermostat installed it would get me a few extra points and budge me up to the next level, so he held issuing the report til I got it sorted.

1 Like

@Ambrose_McNulty

2 Likes

No energy from windmills when itā€™s not windy. Absolutely incredible.

2 Likes