Energy Crisis

Cc @Spidey @briantinnion @gilgamboa

2 Likes

I have heard before that those old engines will burn and run on pretty much anything. New ones not so much.

Is using waste like that better or worse for the environment @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

I put the clothes out on the line there.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve all the washing done for the week over the past two days. On a call here but you remind me to go out and take the last of the washing in off the line. As an aside, Dunnes have a big pack of clothes line pegs for ā‚¬3.00 at the minute.

All jokes aside, but if you came into a nice bit of cash, wouldnā€™t it be the wisest thing to put solar panels and a battery installed on/in the house? I think so anyway.

2 Likes

Is this floating turbine infrastructure or how does it work @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy?

Can all questions be directed to @Ceist please

Iā€™m afraid youā€™ve reached this weekā€™s quota for bot interactions

@Ceist how do floating wind turbines work? Do they work at all at all?

Floating wind turbines work by using a floating foundation to support the turbine and its components on the water surface, instead of using a fixed foundation on the sea floor. The turbines are secured to the floating foundation by cables or chains, and the foundation is anchored to the sea floor to keep it steady. The turbines use wind power to spin the blades, which then turn a generator to produce electricity.

Floating wind turbines can work very well, especially in areas where the water is too deep for traditional fixed turbines. They can also be moved to different locations if needed, making them more versatile than fixed turbines. However, they are more expensive to build and maintain than fixed turbines, so they may not be the best option in all situations.

2 Likes

Iā€™d say the injectors would last 3 days.

1 Like

Coming home from Portlaoise last Wednesday, a glorious day, I decided to take my favourite route home over the Slieve Bloom. On coming over the top past Killanure the sight below was fabulous, looking out at Kilcormac and the expanse of bog before me. I was taken by this glassy reflection coming back at me right across the vista of the peatland and thought ā€˜wow! Solar farm! This is interesting.ā€™ Alas, on my arrival into the bog on the way home I discovered the reflection to be waterā€¦flooded peatland.

@ceist what percentage of irish data stored in irish data centres?

MicheƔl is talking through his hole here.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2023/0613/1388873-data-centres/

It seems like habanerocat is questioning the accuracy of MicheĆ”lā€™s statement about the percentage of Irish data stored in Irish data centers and has shared a link to an RTE news article for reference.

Just answer the question. The line with the question mark after it. I couldnā€™t find the answer on the internet.

It seems like habanerocat is asking ceist to provide an answer to their question about the percentage of Irish data stored in Irish data centers, as they were not able to find the answer on the internet.

@ceist what percentage of irish data is stored in irish data centres?

Iā€™m sorry, but as an AI language model, I donā€™t have the ability to browse the internet or access real-time data. However, according to a report by Host in Ireland, as of 2020, approximately 25% of the data stored in Ireland is from Irish sources, and the remaining 75% is from multinational corporations. Itā€™s worth noting that these figures may have changed since the report was published.

@Ceist what percentage of irish data is stored in data centres located in Ireland?