ENGLAND Supporters Thread

Who are the penalty takers :smiley:

Thought Bellingham was the man in possession. Anyway, with formations and the way English people are these two will cut the snot off each other for one spot while the two steady English lads behind them rack up 100 caps each.

Grealish and Maddison are equivalent to Gazza and Merson and are fucked/they should retire from it/form their own country/try and declare for Ireland.

If Cole Palmer were better looking, there’d be an outcry for him to start.

I’d say Southgate will be there for the World Cup.

France will sicken England in the semi. That’s all my hot takes

I think frnace and england cant meet till the final if they win their groups

1 Like

Bellingham is a beautiful player, some of the stuff he does is Zidane-esque but I slightly fear he might have that Gerard/Bruno thing of not understanding the importance of position in football.

1 Like

Oh that’s good. That’s the final we want really.

I did out a Euro 2024 wallchart there last night on a word file and I have England finishing second in the group and going out to Germany in the Round of 16.

Grealish was warned.

Fuh me, Geoff, this tournament has World Cup '98 vibes for England with Grealish in the Gazza role.

England never seem to go well in Germany in major tournaments. 1974 they weren’t there. 1988 they may as well not have been there. 2006 is mainly remembered for the WAGs in Baden Baden and Dunphy’s “God is in his heaven” and “That’s the first time I’ve seen live sex between two men on the BBC” comments.

France will win it.

1 Like

The deal l’d love to see is Grealish back to Villa to play number ten. They’ve bags of pace and runners, he could do his thing.

Ultimately when it comes down to it at major tournaments top English players always seem to display a lack of nous and they retreat into inferiority. The last team that didn’t was 1990, maaaybe 1996 and 1998 to an extent. 1996 was because they had Sheringham who was one of the few English players who had a continental type brain. Good opposition (and sometimes bad opposition) always end up figuring them out.

Bellingham is a Gerrard lurking off Torres type player. That’s where he should be.

Top English players in the modern era need to be instructed to within an inch of their lives exactly what to do. That can work at club level in highly rehearsed systems - ie. Foden at Abu Dhabi - but at international level you need more of a brain.

I think Mainoo will be a big player for England in this tournament because he has not yet discovered fear, and I like the cut of his jib in terms of how he stands up in big matches in a team that is essentially a shambles.

1 Like

Maddison and Grealish are nothing players.

I don’t know. He left the Villa boat and they sailed on without him.

International football is the thing he’s most suited to I think. But that boat seems to have sailed too.

He would have been perfect for a newly promoted Leeds United who he would have led to 8th place in the Premier League.

Bellingham looks absolutely knackered as well. Your man Diego Torres ripped him a part during the week.

Foden / Kane / saka with Mainoo, rice and Bellingham will surely be the front six.

Rashford, Sancho, Sterling, Henderson, Maguire, Grealish, Maddison is some list to leave home. My understanding is that Maguire could’ve got right but not quick enough for Southgate.

Sancho is a rotten egg

England teams need a Terry Butcher type figure and a Gazza type figure.

They were Big Harry and Grealo.

Mainoo could have a Rooney Euro 2004/Owen France '98 type impact but he’ll inevitably break his metatarsal in the Round of 16 game.

1 Like

Southgate himself said Grealish reported for training a day early. Grealish is not the fuckwit he likes to image himself as being. Not taking Grealish would be mental.
Not starting Foden would be insane.

1 Like

My very well be.

7Hag just didn’t have the man-management skills. He lit it up in Champions League

His exploits at Dortmund would indicate otherwise. He has been treated with tender loving care there and feels part of a loving family. Some players need that.

He’ll not get that anywhere in England, so he’s destined to be a footballing drifter, the footballing equivalent of a British band who are only popular in America and ignored at home, like Bush.

2 Likes

Rice is best pals with Maddison and Grealish I just read there in the Guardian. Maguire is obviously very well got with the lads as well. I’d say Southgate will be slaughtered if they don’t win but I see them as bound to go far so he will keep the gig. Gordon is a fine player, but Rashford and Grealish are another level on again to me. That will be thrown at him. Cole Palmer probably just has Maddison’s number. I’d have brought Maguire over Dunk.

He’s been awful for Dortmund