ENGLAND Supporters Thread

Lou Stoppard?
I concur.

They’ll also both retire extremely rich. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Most of Ireland’s top players over the last 35 years or so have won a prestigious international trophy. But not Roy Keane.

Both came through at spuds too and wanted out of place

1 Like

They did indeed. A great day it was too at the Aviva and above in Iceland

1 Like

@Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy on the guardian podcast some journo was saying there was plenty of Italian fans wearing English jerseys at the game on Saturday ??

Niki Bandini?

We fucking despise the English.

As La Republicca put it. “Football is a sport where 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the English are always bitter, because they haven’t won anything since 1966.”

4 Likes

Good luck England.

Big buzz on the streets of Galway this evening. For once the rain has held off and the sense of expectation about both the England game is very palpable. It very much feels like the biggest sporting event since the start of the pandemic. The only shame is that the first half will clash with the second half of the British Lions playing Natal. There will be a lot of channel flicking between 8:00 and 8:45.

2 Likes

The excitement is building up here. Queue outside the chip shop getting their chippy tea in before the match

1 Like

This could be one of the great nights in football history.

I only noticed Italy, spain, Germany and France have won the last four world cups. Basically 4 of the 5 major European footballing countries.

How the hell have the English gotten it so wrong since 1966 ?

It’s looking that way. I’m so excited.

1966 was the anomaly, not the before or after.

318ZUJNIgEL.AC_SY580

1 Like

They also cheated in 66.

1 Like

Set up your own Denmark supporters thread. This is where the England supporters congregate.