ENGLAND Supporters Thread

Ah it must be exciting. What will you do for the game? Must be a wrench not to be in England for it? Is there a popular park in ireland that you English meet up in and take a load of coke en masse and abuse people?

1 Like

It’ll be the quarter final before I’ll get the chance to sit down and watch my first full England game in the tournament. The tournament only really gets going anyway once you’re down to the business end from the quarter finals on.

1 Like

An England win would be a fitting tribute to her Majesty’s passing

3 Likes

I fail completely to see the humour in that. Why will England win? they’ve some fantastic players like Saka, Kane, Foden and Trent, do you want to talk football or just wait until after the event and troll?

They’ve an awfully basic coach, I think they’ll need Henderson, but he couldnt do it as a good young player on the way up, so why now?

Ben White is a huge loss, for a coach with an iota.

2 Likes

He’s a conservative coach certainly. It arguably cost them the euros. But its also highly pragmatic for tournament football. He may be seen in time as the fella who missed the golden opportunities with the easy run they got in 2018 and being 1 up against a goal shy italy in the euros…but a semi in a world cup and a final in a euros is a hell of a record for a country that normally shits the bed and goes out earlier.

Southgate has been a brilliant manager for England and their team isn’t that good

Remains to be seen, we’ll see in a few weeks. I can’t believe he has never tried Foden in midfield and see could he do the Pirlo role. He was a midfielder his whole life till a couple of years ago.

I wouldn’t say brilliant in fairness. His man management of his panel of players is his strength. He should have been playing Foden since the start.

1 Like

In Saka, Kane, Foden - you have a seriously formidable front three.

Gareths problems will be when France run at them with pace. Mbappe vs Trippier could be a massacre.

2 Likes

He’s about 8 stone

1 Like

So you put Rice and Kalvin Phillips in there with him the way Italy and Milan did with Gattuso and Ambrosini or some other lump whoever it was (edit, Seedorf was exceptional)

England have had the same issue since forever, he has Jack Grealish, James Maddison, Phil Foden who can all play on the turn and recieve the ball in any situation, but he has never tried any of them deeper to see if he could improve England ball retention and continuity.

Modric, Xavi et al arent man monsters, but they can take the ball anywhere.

Before Pep is referenced, he has Rodri and Gundogen who are both elite in that phase of play.

Why does he need to try Foden? because they were ridden raw in midfield in 21’ v Italy (and Italy were shit) …ridden raw (by Croatia in 18’), beaten by Iceland in 16, all of the time with thrilling forwards, all of the time they cant keep the ball, when they meet any resistance in the knock out phase.

3 Likes

Hopefully a 2 or 3 nil win tomorrow night. The hype will into overdrive for the week. Battered by France next Friday.

1 Like

There’s absolutely no hype about this England team nor will there ever be I’d say.

I have to say @ChairmanDan is one of my favourite posters. The effortless shithousing and graceful needling of lads in the old british style is brilliant to see.

14 Likes

Harry McGuire is a big game player, he will destroy Mbappe

2 Likes

That’s if France even get past Poland.

1 Like

The Marie Curie-Roman Polanski derby.

And Raymond Kopa.

1 Like

Brazil’s defeat last night means that of the teams that have won the World Cup, only England and Uruguay have never lost to an African or Asian team at a World Cup finals.

Germany have lost to Algeria, South Korea and Japan.
Italy have lost to North Korean and South Korea.
France have lost to Senegal and South Africa.
Spain have lost to Nigeria.
Argentina have lost to Cameron and Saudi Arabia.
Brazil have lost to Cameroon.

2 Likes

That’s very insightful. How do you assess out Boys chances of winning it out?