English Football League (incorporating Championship, League One, League Two & non-league teams)

Coventry or Luton bsck in the big time. A beautiful night for football when placed alongside Citys demolition of Madrid

1 Like
1 Like

Went to watch Hallam FC in the 9th (?) tier of the football league yesterday. It is the oldest football ground in the world. The standard as you can imagine was not the best but that made it. They’ve a tidy set up with a stand and bar on one side. The bar was busy throughout as they’d Sheffield Wednesday on the telly. The pints were nice too. The game finished 0-0 as expected.Handsworth, the away team and 5 places ahead of Hallam couldn’t make use of the huge hill in the second half. Hallam had the better chances and should have scored at least one. Every football stereotype was on show, the big man who holds it up and has a good touch, the nippy winger with no end product, the grizzled centre midfielder who can’t move but has a brain and the left back who thinks he’s Roberto Carlos.

For £6, it was a grand way to spend a few hours.

15 Likes

Is the president the ex-referee?

I believe so. I didn’t see him in attendance

1 Like

Class

They produce highlights for every game too.

Shane Duffy has just cleared Aaron Connolly over the stand in Norwich v Hull

Connolly gone after 13 minutes. Kicked off the park 3 times

This was the last of the 3 - lights out

https://twitter.com/nathanmurf/status/1745909067816591656?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

https://twitter.com/abaconbuttee/status/1746199760942379385?t=xUJ3srZxrrYDVltQ83hlCw&s=19

Reading fans have had enough. Game abandoned vs Port Vale

I tried to warn them to only deal with the good Dai Yongge

1 Like

Only the good?

Leicester’s Abdul Fatawu decided to turn down the opportunity to play for Ghana at AFCON to help with the Foxes’ pursuit of promotion back to the Premier League

The only thing is today he was given a straight red card meaning he will miss their next three games and return on the 10th of Feb… Just one day before AFCON finishes

1 Like

Leicester 1-0 Ipswich after 49 minutes. Own goal by Leif Davis just before half time.

Fester dominated first half, without really testing Tractor’s keeper Vaclav Hladky, who attends the same kicking school as Forest’s Matt Turner.
Dewsbury Hall and Mavdidi pulling the strings for home side. Ipswich have been solid but little attacking threat.

Much better from Tractor’s second half but still 1-0 to Fester. Ipswich under McKenna actually remind me a bit of Fester under O’Neill fadó fadó.

Goal for Ipswich in 90th min. 1-1.

Fester keeper Hermansen parries a Luongo shot straight to sub Sarmiento who just about puts the rebound away.

Eire’s Tom Cannon had a decent game for Fester, he was involved in a lot.

I was looking for info on something else related to the EFL today when I stumbled on an item which surprised me.

Of the 24 clubs in league 2, 6 have an Irish captain. For league 1, the total is 3 Irish captains.
(My family knows one of them).

1 Like

Paudie is captain of Lincoln these days.

Think Hourihane is captain of Derby now aswell.

1 Like