EPL Player's Player of the year Award

Gerald McCarthy was a traitor to his own conscience. And now he’s crying over spilled death threats. Give it a rest Ger.

I think so,i know the two Villa lads are English aswell but Ferdinand has more of a fucking brit head about him id say,im always thrilled when he scores ogs and stuff,hes a cunt.

For fuck sake dont be bringing up great Irish sportsmen like Gerald McCarthy on the same thread as runts like Steven Ireland, tans like Fedinand and Gerrard and nancy boys like Torres,Ger Mac was a real sportsman,a man who could take a slap,a man deserving of respect.In short leave him out of this discussion,we’re talking about ladyboys here at the moment…

gimp

He does a bit but he aint the worst of them either. He generally plays well for England in the major championships when a lot of the others go missing. Not the type of centre half to get his shirt dirty but a class player nonetheless.

Also the Ferdinands come from around Peckham. Its probably the biggest slum in London and you’d have to admire them for getting out of it.

[quote=“KIB man”]He does a bit but he aint the worst of them either. He generally plays well for England in the major championships when a lot of the others go missing. Not the type of centre half to get his shirt dirty but a class player nonetheless.

Also the Ferdinands come from around Peckham. Its probably the biggest slum in London and you’d have to admire them for getting out of it.[/quote]

Well i hope there’s nowhere worse than there anyway, dangerous spot for a white boy.

Gerrard and Ireland for me. I’d have the Manchester United central defensive pairing pushing Gerrard close but I think Ireland should be a fairly comfortable winner of the young player award.

To borrow a phrase from another member:

Gerald McCarthy - I make trophies. I don’t win them.

Whatever about the timing of when these awards are voted for I don’t know how anyone can really argue about the merits of those included.
While nearly all of us here would probably not have Ronaldo in our top six, the fellas who play against him twice a year are surely best placed to judge.
We think he’s a cnut and judge him by last year’s standards and the image he portrays in the media, they judge him by having to tackle and stop the bastard.

Of any judges of footballers, fans, journalists, ex players etc, surely current players are least likely to be swayed by reputation or media hype.

[quote=“gola”]

Of any judges of footballers, fans, journalists, ex players etc, surely current players are least likely to be swayed by reputation or media hype.[/quote]

Would definitely agree with you on that count in general. That list not a sterling example however.

Gerrard all the way.
Haven’t seen alot of the Villa players, but Young does look like the real deal anytime he’s been on. Stephan Ireland has been superb everytime i have seen him, but i can’t see his peers voting for him.
You should stick to the ladyball Bandage, you do know your onions on this subject.:rolleyes:

[quote=“Watch The Break”]To borrow a phrase from another member:

Gerald McCarthy - I make trophies. I don’t win them.[/quote]

Club Titles
Cork Titles 4
Munster Titles 3
All-Ireland 2
Senior Inter-County Titles
Munster Titles 9
All-Ireland 5
NHL 3
All Stars 1

Idiot.

[quote=“myboyblue”]Club Titles

Idiot.[/quote]

Throw up his record as Cork manager there as well.

In total he was involved in training or managing Inter-County teams for 16 years if i’m right. 6 as trainer while still a player in the 70’s, he won 3 All-Irelands in a row. He was involved as trainer for 3 years around 1990 and won one All-Ireland. He then trained Waterford for 5 years?!? I think. No success, 2 more years with Cork then and no success.

Overall if you want to count his dual role in the 70’s, he won 4 All-Irelands in 16 attempts. Thats a good record overall in my book.
He just didn’t change with the times after his Waterford stint, which is a huge pity.

Del Boy and Rodney did ok around Peckham,never saw either of them getting a hidin,maybe Denzel kept the home boys from kicking the shit out of them.

You said he didnt win medals, I gave you medals.

You’d do well to show that man some respect, the likes of you arent fit to wipe his arse.

Was there once during the day. An unbelievable shit hole. Though Ive played soccer in a few dodgy places this spring - Bethnal Green and some other slum in east London that I cant remember were awful.

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]Gerrard all the way.
Haven’t seen alot of the Villa players, but Young does look like the real deal anytime he’s been on. Stephan Ireland has been superb everytime i have seen him, but i can’t see his peers voting for him.
You should stick to the ladyball Bandage, you do know your onions on this subject.:rolleyes:[/quote]

Gerrard has done fuck all to warrant player of the year awards. He is behind Reina and Alonso at Liverpool for a start. Id like to see Stephen Ireland playing centrally in a 442 against a decent side to see how much he truly has improved this season. He tends to have a free role or play wide. Ashley Young has been outstanding all season even through the Villa slump by and large. Against spurs, redknapp took Zokora off after twenty mins and said afterwards that Zokora could handle Ronaldo but not Young, Tony Hibbert made way long before the end at the weekend too. The first half against Man Utd he made a fool of O’Shea and Neville before he lost his discipline in the second. Even when he isnt playing outstandingly he is still a massive threat.

[quote=“Watch The Break”]To borrow a phrase from another member:

Gerald McCarthy - I make trophies. I don’t win them.[/quote]

Another shocking ricket today.

Different place theses days Link. Drove through about 3 years ago going to cousins house, totally different from when i was there previous to that. Always a big Black element, but people seemed to mix pretty well. Not quite like that now i believe. I had actually been looking forward to going out there, none of the locals would go there.

[quote=“KIB man”]Was there once during the day. An unbelievable shit hole. Though Ive played soccer in a few dodgy places this spring - Bethnal Green and some other slum in east London that I cant remember were awful.

Gerrard has done fuck all to warrant player of the year awards. He is behind Reina and Alonso at Liverpool for a start. Id like to see Stephen Ireland playing centrally in a 442 against a decent side to see how much he truly has improved this season. He tends to have a free role or play wide. Ashley Young has been outstanding all season even through the Villa slump by and large. Against spurs, redknapp took Zokora off after twenty mins and said afterwards that Zokora could handle Ronaldo but not Young, Tony Hibbert made way long before the end at the weekend too. The first half against Man Utd he made a fool of O’Shea and Neville before he lost his discipline in the second. Even when he isnt playing outstandingly he is still a massive threat.

Another shocking ricket today.[/quote]

Jesus KIB, Gerrard has been unbelievable. And no Villa player comes withon an arses roar of him, just deal with it.

[quote=“myboyblue”]You said he didnt win medals, I gave you medals.

You’d do well to show that man some respect, the likes of you arent fit to wipe his arse.[/quote]

Why would I want to do that?