Essay writing competition thread

I can understand why being compared to glas would offend you, but you are displaying the same head in the sand attitude as him. Claiming that Muslim refugees have not brought a crime problem with them in Germany and Sweden is taking a position. Especially with no evidence to back up the claim. Disappointing from an academic.

Senior hurling on this thread pal.

Clearly you don’t understand the term false equivalence. There is a thread on US gun crime, take it up there.

Some logic you are trying to use here, absolutely laughable.

The POTUS shouldn’t be such an overt bullshitting cunt. No matter what lame excuses you try and conjure up for him his performance the other day was an embarrassment.

Oh look who’s here, another pinko leftie from leafy suburbia outraged by Trump.

Every time Trump opens his mouth it’s embarrassing to be frank. He wasnt elected though because of his great oratory ability, tried that for 8 years with Obama and where did that get us? Obama is one of the main reasons we have Trump.

1 Like

Pinko leftie :laughing: is this the best you can come up with? You get very defensive and resort to name calling any time someone pulls you up on your posts.

You’ve dug yourself into a hole on here trying to defend the ridiculousness of Trump I’m afraid. If you really are not a Trump supporter you shouldn’t try and defend everything the man says and does.

The Sweden stuff was embarrassing. The banning of people from 7 Muslim countries was illegal and embarrassing. You’ve attempted to defend both of these things.

2 Likes

You havent produced any evidence yourself, mate… And I said crime is down, or at least not increasing, in Sweden … That’s crime, all crime. I have no idea what the percentage of crimes being carried out by immigrants is and of course they are carrying out crimes, but not to the extent that society is falling apart in the manner that Trump is suggesting. Of course there should be legislation to integrate large swathes of immigrants into any society, i’m not fighting you on this issue, merely stating that Trump is over playing it to suit his own agenda. You’re over exaggerating yourself with the picture your painting of ‘millions of young men from strict Muslim countries’ - Syria was in no way a strict Muslim country and they are not all young men.

As for stats, Sweden don’t release them but their top criminologists have been supplying the press with stats over the last few days. The quotes + stats are all saying the same and have a 10 year range… they are up to 2015 however.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2017/02/20/here-what-happening-sweden/vIOEIqD5i9iLumKRdrLyeK/story.html

Just calling it as it is mate, I’ve seen enough of your posts to determine you are a typical example of the Irish guilt ridden suburban mindset.

I’m an independent voter pal, I will support Trump on policies I agree with, and smash the cunt on policies I disagree with. You need to see the bigger picture, you are buried in the weeds. The bigger picture is how does the west deal with radical Islam, and the answer isn’t creating new Muslim ghettos where young Muslims get radicalized.

2 Likes

Choco, the report makes no reference to immigrant crime. Immigrant crime could be up while crime across the board is down. Why are they hiding the stats? I’m not saying it’s a reason to stop immigration, but the facts should be available.

@anon7035031 and @Matty_Hislop , tone it down lads, we don’t want any ad hominem attacks on this thread.

3 Likes

Ghettos of any sort should indeed by stamped out… The US has let them build up for generations of blacks. However, Is there any hint of this happening in the states for Muslims tho? Trump is hardly concerned with how Europe is going to fare …

Who made you a fucking admin?

1 Like

I did say I don’t have the outright stats for immigrants and acknowledge that of course they are carrying out crime… and no doubt probably have high rates in some area of petty crimes. Is that enough for Trump to link immigrants to terror tho? My original point stands, he is giving out about the liberal press but is happy to use news reports that suit his agenda…As you say, there’s no stats, so what’s he crowing about?

What has events in Europe or Sweden got to do with American Politics?

I agree, it’s an utter disgrace. The multi casualty shootings Harry referenced get all the coverage, but the death toll in black ghettos is staggering. 762 murders in Chicago alone in 2016, up from 480 in 2015. In Obama’s own city, and what did the useless cunt do about it for 8 years?

My auld pal @bandage

It’s an example of what happens when you allow large scale immigration with vetting and no plan to educate or integrate said immigrants. In particular from countries where the culture is the opposite of liberal western culture, and many have been brainwashed with dangerous jihadist nonsense.

Very relevant to the debate on immigration in the USA.

Has Trump outlined plans to tackle these murder rates in America though? All I can garner is that he very much believes in fantasist headlines he creates on Muslims will keep his dumbass voters happy while ignoring serious problems within the Country.
The reason I believe he isn’t too bothered is because his core vote probably sees black Americans shooting each other as no big issue anyway.

It’s bolloxs pal.

Irish & Italian immigrants have probably broken more laws & caused more murders in America than Muslims.

Not so thinly veiled Trump supporters are all racists.

Trump got roughly the same number of votes from white voters, and significantly more votes from minorities than McCain and Romney. The facts unfortunately don’t match the racist narrative.

Hopefully Trump and his administration can do something to stop the carnage that has really escalated during the Obama years.

Yes, but Irish and Italians (nor blacks) have not declared jihad on America and the west.