Euro 2020 thread (Part 1)

Fuck you ye messy cunt

Perisic has Covid

Huge loss

I’d start Locatelli, Belotti and Chiesa next time out.

Verratti is a class act but a trio of Barella, Jorginho and Verratti is not balanced enough. They are all tidy players but small and light and Barella is the only one who really gets forward.

Locatelli is a big guy who can give a bit of presence in there, gets forward and can grab a goal. Pessina offers similar enough qualities too.

Chiesa is Italy’s most dangerous attacking option.

Immobile was poor last night so Belotti deserves a chance. He’s a much more powerful and physical player than Immobile. It’s a toss of a coin as Immobile’s movement in behind is first rate.

Overall last night Austria put a serious shift but Italy controlled the game bar a 20 min second half spell. In extra time Austria fatigued from all the pressing they did. The momentum shifted in the second half when Taylor just gave free reign for Austria to foul all over the pitch. That upset Italy’s rhythm and they became frustrated and loose as a result.

English referees are utterly shit. If we had a proper continental ref last night then Austria would not have got away with that.

2 Likes

Perisic is a brilliant tournament player. Always produces the goods. If he’s out it’s hard to see Croatia overcome Spain.

If Spain’s five goals against Slovakia are any sort of pointer to their form in the knockout stages they might yet be a contender.

It was an extraordinary defamatory attack here last night on Anthony Taylor, one of the finest referees in the sport.

These soccer supporters that support Italy are unhinged.

1 Like

To be fair, they would be the authority on corrupt refereeing.

3 Likes

They’d remind you of hardline Loyalists. There’s a fierce bang of Jamie Bryson off one poster here, though I doubt he has such a masculine sounding voice as Jamie. :wink:

This from the English supporter who has spent the last few days crowing about ‘2 world wars and one world cup’.
It’s a sunny afternoon Dan. Probably time you drank a shitload of beer and start throwing patio furniture around a restaurant terrace.

12 Likes

Who was the poster who was tipping Slovakia
to beat Spain? Definetely the go to man on this thread.

Only 2 more sleeps until I can run the rule on this English wunderkid Foden.
He’s allegedly going to be better than Gascoigne, Robson and Rooney combined.

He’s already yesterday’s fish and chip paper, mate.
All aboard the Saka, Sancho & Bellingham express.

But, but somebody here said he was the future of the Tan game.

2 Likes

He was.
He not any more.

They should move the Euros to Budapest.

The Dutch look good. The much maligned Frank The Bore doing a great job.

You need a fella like Orban to get shit done. He’d imprison their equivalent of Holohan for recommending turning away fans.

3 Likes

Dumfries is some player. Who will buy him this summer?

I’d say he will be €50m minimum anyway.

This game is very watchable, some lovely smooth play

Tony O’Donoghue is fucking awful