Euro 2020 thread (Part 1)

He is. Cork people are generally sound. Apart from Roy Keane obviously.

He was basically saying how we are now nearer the end than the start and it’s quite sad to see the likes of Ronaldo going home.

It was quite emotional.

1 Like

Ah fuck, he’s a sound skin behind it all.

1 Like

Portugal’s 5-3 win over North Korea in the 1966 World Cup quarter final sounded like a very enjoyable match. Their semi final from 1966 even more so.

That explains a lot of the animosity towards him from here.

The buzz in the host country tends to dissipate a bit when a majority of the teams have gone home. This is the last night when a majority of the teams have not gone home.

But even now, around the streets of the host country, sorry, continent - Europe - you can already feel the buzz dissipating a bit.

1 Like

Tony is a big Yid. Tottenham Hotspur fans are generally sound.

Tony has a lovely, relaxed style. Reminds me of John Creedon. And Jimmy Barry-Murphy, if Jimmy was a television presenter.

2 Likes

I’ve never seen Tony flustered. He has Irish soccer at his heart

2 Likes

He’s pure Cork in the best sense of the phrase. I’d say he’d be a great man to have a relaxed pint or two (RIP) with in the Sextant (RIP).

Tony is a great Eire grassroots soccer man. I’d only be ever half listening when he comes on the airwaves but he’s out day and night following League of Ireland, Junior, underage and women’s soccer.

The sort of dedication and love that Tony has for the Eire domestic soccer scene wouldn’t sit well with the soccer hipsters and EPL fanboys/Glasgow Celtic crew.

2 Likes

In a twist of fate I nearly ended up playing with glasheen fc, beloved of bill o’herlihy when danny murphy was pleading with me to sign.

1 Like

Tony’s embrace with Robbie after his final game for Ireland was very touching.

Supporters of certain clubs tend to have defining characteristics.

With Liverpool it’s hope.
With Leeds it’s stoicism.
With Newcastle it’s passion.
With Millwall it’s a siege mentality.
With Everton it’s bitterness.
With Manchester United it’s disinterest.

With Tottenham it’s discerning cerebrality.

1 Like

Brady?

1 Like

A smashing match. Eusebio pulled them out of the fire. Biblical rain the same day. Woon and Pak do Ik we’re terrific for the Koreans.

2 Likes

No then, the footix love Martin Ó Neill but a man like TOD asking him uncomfortable questions doesn’t sit well at all at all

1 Like

Tony had irish soccers best interest at heart, youd feel Martin had Martin’s best interest at heart

2 Likes

This forum has done such a sharp pivot on Tony O’Donoghue it’s given me a creak in my neck.

Tony has always been a firm favourite of he grassroots Eire soccer non-footix types on the forum. It’s the soccer hipsters and footix that have it in for him.