Euro 2020 thread (Part 1)

Italy will have a man sent off in the final, prob in the first 10-15 mins, you heard it here first :grimacing:

1 Like

Jesus no .

It’s coming home, it’s coming home, it’s coming

Catchy bastard of a thing

Jamaican Raheem Sterling getting interviewed here

Boris Johnson will have been completely vindicated on Brexit if England win this

Me so

1 Like

Southgate you’re the one, you still turn me on, football’s coming home again.

England’s first international tournament final since 1966. Italy’s 7th since then.

We will teach these football minnows a lesson in their own back yard.

5 Likes

I think Didi is overegging it. Sterling dived but that doesn’t necessarily mean there isn’t a foul. There was definitely contact from Jensen, you’d need a cricket snicko device type thing to tell whether Maehle touched him and if so how much. If a foul was given for that outside the box there would barely be an eyebrow raised. It was debatable for sure, I probably would not have given it, but at the same time you can see why it might be given. The natural justice angle says that to get a penalty in extra-time in a European Nations Cup semi-final, the burden of proof needs to be higher than it was, but that’s not in the rulebook. It comes down ultimately to referees being more likely to award a penalty to the home team in that situation. And was there enough evidence to overturn it? You could argue that all night, and I’ve no doubt many people will.

There’s two fucking footballs on the pitch man.

1 Like

A dive doesn’t necessarily mean there isn’t a foul?

Jaysus be to fuck

Spinazzola will be a big loss. I’d have great trust in Bonucci and Chiellini though.

Im happy, England had to earn it and will be tired for Sunday. Surely can’t win with Rice and Philips in midfield.

:joy::joy:

An awful lot of nonsense for one post there.

Of course eyebrows are more raised when it’s in the box. It has a much more material impact on the outcome of the game. You’ve taken an old cliche and misinterpreted it or misapplied it badly. The very reason for the injustice is because of the reward given to it.

And of course contact doesn’t mean there’s a foul anyway. There was clearly no foul at all. He dived. He may have brushed the defender on the way down but it’s of no relevance to whether the defender fouled him or not.

11 Likes

tenor (10)

I have every faith in @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy

1 Like

No it doesn’t. Players dive and manufacture contact all the time in football and plenty of them are still genuine fouls. It’s part of the game. And there was contact from Jensen, and possibly, probably I’d say, from Maehle, however light in the latter case. The two footballs issue is irrelevant to the decision once play was waved on. Play shouldn’t have been waved on, but it was.

Beautiful Southgate

A dive is a foul

1 Like