Euro 2020 thread (Part 1)

Correct. Closest they’ve come is a loss on penalties

You haven’t met a fired up Jordan Pickford yet!

They’ve done great to get this far. Its a credit to Southgate as a man. Sadly they’ll be ravaged by the press after this though. The English cant help themselves.

I am calm.

I just want Italy to go out and play their game and hope the referee isn’t got to by the English.

2 Likes

My lad got home off the sites yesterday evening. He’s starting to swear an odd time and his accent is becoming slightly more Manc.
For the first time ever, he said he wanted to watch the football, and asked if I’d watch it with him.
He wanted England to win, which is fair enough really.
We sat through normal time.
“What happens now dad?” He asked
“It’s another 30 minutes of extra time”
“Fuck that, I’m off to bed”
:grinning:

12 Likes

I think Italy rather than Spain were always going to be best equipped to take down this England team. They have produced a level of performance that has been the best in the tournament. Spain have unbelievable talent and are young but you are not sure if you are going to get the team that drew with Sweden or Poland or the team who put 5 past Croatia and Slovakia. The Italians wont be overawed by the hostile environment on Sunday and will be happy to sit back and hit England on the break.

1 Like

Italy’s free and vibrant style is suited to England. What’ll undo England Is if a team sits in and catches them on the counter.

Southgate is cute enough though and rarely goes on the offensive.

I think the Italian are naive and will play into Englands hands.

Englands pace, power and fitness was very impressive last night, you had Shaw, Walker, Sterling, Rice all making 30 and 40 yard sprints at top pace in the second half of extra time last night. They’re very fresh. If they can get italy to the last 20 minutes level, they’ll win it

2 Likes

Rice went off early in extra time no?

Phillips then - point stands.

they had an extra man mate

1 Like

does that make you run faster does it?

You’d have to have concerns about the ref if you’re Italian? What we saw last night was disgraceful.

Why is the VAR team based in Switzerland? Very suspicious.

If i was Italy i would really pressure Rice in particular when he gets the ball. Definetely a mistake in him in my opinion.

How long before Ireland are playing 5-2-3, along with nearly every team in the Premier League?

yes

Alf Ramsey destroyed soccer by winning a World Cup using 4-4-2

Before that you had one centre back

It’s some extrapolation to claim that a manager whose team won the World Cup in one of the greatest finals ever played, and whose team took part in some of the finest World Cup matches ever played at the subsequent tournament in 1970, “destroyed the game”. Almost like there’s a massive anti-English agenda there.

1 Like

Sir Alf’s England played a 4-3-3 system in the 1966 World Cup. The wingless wonders. @EstebanSexface is all over the place here.

2 Likes