Euro 2020 thread (Part 1)

I’m discussing football tactics and their effects - you’re having a go at me and my information.

This is very bizarre

The late and much missed James Lawton. The doyen of English soccer journalists.

On several occasions you’ve tried to demonstrate that England played 4-4-2. Yet on one occasion you posted a graphic that claimed a 4-1-2-1-2 system. Another graphic claimed a 4-1-3-2 system. You’re all over the place.

2 Likes

This championship really needs an England win. We cant have a team who are cheating bastards diving and just being pure dickheads winning. And similarly, any team that uses players who were born abroad, even if they did grow up in the country, are just exploiting the system. Same with playing players who had already played for other countries and then changing nationalities. Fucking Italian sneaky cunts at that.

Luckily England would never dive or cheat. Or that all their players were born and bred in England and have proper lineage to their country.

1 Like

Nothing childish about siding against the crowd who continuously boo and jeer the opposition anthem and are generally considered the worst shower of cunts known as fans in world sport(laser pointing into the keepers eye the latest incident), have two weasels from an Irish POV in Grealish and Rice oh and it’s England just a small bit of animosity historically between us “No blacks, No dogs, No Irish”

3 Likes

both variations on a 4-4-2

Diamond and holding - 4 backs, 4 midfielders and 2 strikers

Your buddy (the only Englishman on the forum) actually said 4-3-3 which has two wingers and called them the wingless wonders - yet you didn’t pick him up on it

What were you saying about personal

That sounds like something Justin Barrett would say.

yeah, you take it there. fair enough, it’ll be that sort of day today for you again. Best of luck with it.

1 Like

Facts are very political for some posters

1 Like

I have a lot of English clients and friends. I bear them no will, good or bad in a game of ball.

I’d maybe prefer Italy to win because of their football and attacking mentality - I’d rather that be replicated than Southgate’s brand of football.

You can’t even decide what system England played. What that shows is that England played a fluid, highly adaptable system, defending as a team and attacking as a team, a forerunner of total football. It was a quantum leap in football tactics, a world away from the stale Italian negativity which had been stifling European football over the previous few years. That attractive, fluid British style was to prove victorious at club level too when Celtic and Manchester United won the European Cup in 1967 and 1968. Sir Alf was a quiet revolutionary.

why are you engaging with that dolt

1 Like

You walked into that one, England fans are famously anti-racist.

3 Likes

I’m not sure what way you would expect it to be taken other than as a statement that you believe immigrants and the children of immigrants should not be welcome on the national football team of a country.

I agree with him. Italy have a player playing for them born in another country but grew up in Italy. England would never do such a thing. We need a winner with integrity and who could hold themselves proud.

1 Like

they played 4-4-2 - It became synonymous with English football - so much so Ramsey was credited with inventing it, but he didn’t he stole it from a manager in Kiev and made it even more negative

Joe Mercer called Alf Ramsey’s 4-4-2 cruelty to centre forwards

England scored four goals in the final against a defensive German team and you think they were negative. OK Gemma.

Christ.

In future then I’ll explain all the subtlety’s of the situation for you.

Jorginho was born in Brazil and grew up in Italy. @ChairmanDan is aghast at this and hopes England will win out. This despite the fact that England have numerous players over the years in a similar situation, notwithstanding Raheem Sterling, the hero of last night, being born in Jamaica. As well as 50% of their squad eligible to play for other countries. Plus calling Italy divers and cheats, and ignoring the English diving and cheating.

To try portray England as some sort of virtues and saviours against these rotters from Italy is somewhat blinkered.

As I said, you’re on one of those days, so I’ll leave you to it.

2 Likes