Euro 2020 thread (Part 1)

The success is getting to @Cheasty’s head I fear.

the defensive German team who outscored them in the competition is it

Get fucked now pal.

Mate?

Emerson and Jorginho have Italian heritage.

Jorginho in particular had a preference to play for Italy over Brazil.

1 Like

Yeah I’d just prefer finish it now rather than have endless over and back.

Bring Them Home with lyrics - YouTube

Would you consider shooting yourself in the face? It would be less painful for you.

1 Like

and I’d look better too

@ChairmanDan is correct. Italy have imported players due to their extremely generous citizenship laws, under which you are eligible for citizenship if you have one great grandparent. I’ve no problem at all with those laws, but there is no comparison between lads with a great grandparent, ie. a very tenuous connection, playing for Italy vis a vis, say, Raheem Sterling or Bukayo Saka. Saka is English born and bred. Sterling came to England at the age of five.

Your comment about 50% of England’s players being eligible to play for other countries sounds very racist, almost like you feel that anybody other than a white man who can trace all of their roots back six generations to Lincolnshire or Derbyshire shouldn’t be playing for England. England is a highly diverse, multi-cultural society.

can we leave race and politics out of one single fucking thread? for the love of fuck

A quick bit of research tells me that Jorginho moved to Italy at the age of 15. Tapped up by Italian scouts as one of the outstanding schoolboy talents in Brazil.

Emerson is a product of the famed Santos youth academy in Brazil, which has produced Pele amongst others. Moved to Italy as a 20 year old and took up Italian citizenship as a 23 year old.

Rafael Toloi moved to Italy in his mid 20’s when he joined Roma and qualifies to play for Italy under a 5 year residency rule.

Italy has a long history of importing players to play for its national side. Mussolini’s 1934 and 1938 World Cup winning sides were backbones by imports from Argentina.

Raheem Sterling to the best of my knowledge is the only player in the England squad not born in England. Born in Jamaica and his family emigrated to England when he was 5 to seek a better life, after his father was murdered in Kingston.

1 Like

I’m just very surprised that you don’t know what formation England played in the World Cup Final of 1966. I know what Ireland played in Italia 90 and we only made it to the quarter finals. But hey, I guess you’re primarily a rugby and hurling man and no respectable grown man cares about football anyway.

Has @ChairmanDan criticised the Jamaican for cheating last night?

I hope @Cheasty will enjoy the rabid displays of Nationalism that he so despises that will inevitably accompany an English win

3 Likes

Primarily a rugby and cricket man. The soccer is a nice little warm up for the serious sporting business of the year, the British Lions test series in South Africa and the Pataudi Trophy and Ashes in Australia.

2 Likes

Serious sporting events usually aren’t hidden behind paywalls.

who?

People should be careful using the term “born and bred” when they don’t understand it’s meaning.

A previous post claimed that Bukayo Saka is English born and bred. He is not - he is simply English-born. His parents, who bred him, are both Nigerian nationals.

7 Likes

Last post to you on this. Dont ever fucking imply that I am being racist. Go fuck yourself now.

10 Likes

:smiley: