Euro 2020 thread (Part 1)

Forfeiture of the tie is on the carts.

You’re suggesting he was “bred” as a Nigerian? What a horrible fucker you are. How do you know how he was brought up?

Rory would do well to be ready for the rough alright.

1 Like

another thread ruined.

You did alright

1 Like

More importantly is Chiesa fit?

I love Argentine football as do a great many people here. Argentina won the 1978 World Cup at home, at a time when a rabid nationalist, fascist junta was in power.

Gareth Southgate and this England team remind me of Cesar Luis Menotti and that Argentine team who played in quiet defiance of the junta.

This diverse, multi-cultural England team and management and the way they carry themselves represents the best of Englishness.

I won’t if you don’t again post stuff that strongly implies that some of England’s players aren’t properly English.

You don’t want to be in the same camp as @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy. That’s never a good thing.

you’re alright with @ChairmanDan doing it about Italy and using terms like Paddy and British Lions though. Actual racism

1 Like

No, I pointed out the actual racist sentiments in others, and lads are fuming about it. I can refer to Irish people as a whole as I like, by the way, being an Irish person as I am. That’s my privilege as an Irish person.

are you @ChairmanDan ? You forgot to switch logins

Fucking hell

Right boys anyone agree this is really a shoot out for who is Europe’s 3rd best team ???

France and Spain are the two best if truth told

It won’t be a classic winner

That’s the crux here, France are a superior side to England and would have beaten them had the two teams met. But French complacency ultimately cost them. I’d love to have seen how England would have fared against France, Belgium or even Portugal, not convinced they’d have beaten any of them.

France won one game out of four.

Spain won two out of six.

England have won five from six including all knockout rounds and have conceded just one goal.

There’s a decent argument to say that Scotland may be the second best team in Europe.

Another thread descending into Sid being called Geoffrey. Its almost a Godwins Law.

I think they beat Belgium / Portugal possibly but if France turned up then carnage . That said the french defence was average

England nearly got taken to penalties by a team shorn of its best player, and bringing on an entire bench currently at Brentford.

1 Like

Germany nearly got taken to penalties by Algeria in 2014. Not sure what that proves other than that international football is ultra-competitive. Germany were still worthy World Cup champions.

It proves England are mediocre. Less mediocre than usual, but mediocre nonetheless.
I think Italy will bate them.