Euro 2020 thread (Part 1)

Shure on that basis you could pick out something from any tournament to “prove” a team which reaches the final are mediocre.

No mediocre team reaches a Euros or World Cup final.

And the standard at this tournament has been extremely high. It’s perhaps the best international tournament of my lifetime.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

@Cheasty is like Nigel Farage defending the English here. A point was made a while ago about it being a playoff to see who the 3rd best team was and he didn’t even mention Italy in his reply who have the same amount of wins as England

1 Like

It’s been a great tournament. That perception is probably heightened by the backdrop of the pandemic and the fact that the tournament has provided a well needed dose of normality.

A bizarre line to take. Italy have earned their place in the top two teams in Europe by reaching the final. I’d be much more of a Jeremy Corbyn-style defender of England.

Name a better one? Euro 2000 is by fairly common agreement the best European Championship ever. I don’t think any of the recent World Cups, at least since 1990 inclusive, were better than it.

I think this has been a better tournament than Euro 2000. Let’s hope last year’s Euros has a similar outcome to Euro 2000 - Italy losing the final.

It’s slowly dawning on me that certain posters on this board aren’t actually taking the piss. That they really are their online personas. That’s very worrying, maybe @rocko should just shut the board down.

Matthew Upson in WC 2010 is a better defender of England than Jeremy Corbyn.

1 Like

@Piles_Hussain and then there’s cheating. By hook or by crook.

Boris Johnson’s England

They should be kicked out for that

Tremenjus guerilla marketing by Green Spot whiskey.

Was the World Cup in 2006 not the best ever?

2 Likes

News For All on Twitter: “:rotating_light::soccer: | NEW: :joy::joy::joy: https://t.co/bC6v8FbRk6” / Twitter

1 Like

any competition where Italy do well is great

1 Like

There were some amount of Hall of Famer’s playing back then.

2 Likes

the last 5 minutes of the semi final is beautiful art & not sport.

the second goal is the most perfect bit of football you will ever see, Cannavaro -totti- gillardino- del pierro

3 Likes

[FIFA World Cup GREAT GOALS :fire:] - DEL PIERO :it: finishes the job! – Italy v Germany (Germany 2006) - YouTube

1 Like

@chairmandan can’t be let out of the house without making a show of himself.

1 Like

Don’t see the big deal with the laser, that’s been going on years.
Not like it was Southgate shining it down the pitch.

Hard to regulate 60k odd in a stadium.

He guessed right anyway.