Euro 2020 thread (Part 1)

It’s a bit like dancing with a smashing bird all night, whispering smoochy lines, downing G&T’s but if you don’t get your hole then it’s all been a cod.

7 Likes

Not pertinent to the Spanish style of football, but if you had been scouted after the Bob Radcliffe Cup Final would you have declared internationally for Republic of Ireland or Italy? (I’d strongly assume you’d have ignored the advances of the North).

Italy. I was a typical Italian full back, solid nuts and bolts defensively and always on the overlap. Could play on either side. I fucking love defending though.

5 Likes

Paul o’ Maldini

8 Likes

We’d have been bemoaning the dearth of left-back options in your absence that led to Enda Stevens getting game. At least you’d have declared for Italy from the outset though and wouldn’t have strung us along like Declan Rice.

You sound like a Matt Doherty type :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Matt Doherty can’t do the defensive basics. I also played centre half from time to time which I loved too.

1 Like

If I was to compare myself with someone I’d go with a player like Matteo Damian. A 7/10 player, good engine, lots of focus and does his job defensively - can do a shift all across the backline.

Doherty wouldn’t tackle a bag of chips

Your modesty is quite becoming, you’re getting soft apparently.

Good a place as any

1 Like

I actually think Portugal are better than both finalists too. Their performance against Belgium was one of a champion team going out on their sword. Inconsistent though

I’m Italian. We are all about the group.

This was at Mid-Ulster Intermediate level, right?

They probably have better players but lack a bit of depth .

Kevin Ratcliffe skills school

fanculo l’inghilterra

Portugal didn’t know what they were. Santos is a defence minded coach that didn’t know what to do with all the good players they suddenly got

Didi and Liam crashing at Eamon’s house in Ranelagh :joy:

4 Likes

The Irish MSM is bigging up anti English sentiment ., Brexit has hit them awful bad