Euro 2024- Lamine Yamal:Wonderkid

Says a lot

England scored after 73 minutes in that Russia game but Russia equalised in injury time.

Would love to see the Dutch put tans out, great supporters.

https://x.com/_forgottenfooty/status/1802272396969165209?t=jDCT252diYub7qU-lIlGXQ&s=19

Twitter linking broken @Rocko?

Swap the x for twitter

The Jude Bellingham backlack is going to be sadly epic.

I dont think they’re missing the best fans in the world

https://twitter.com/THINGEO/status/1802296201636684022

1 Like

The thing about Jude Bellingham is that people are in awe of him. How could you not be. He has the unmistakeable air of greatness about him. He’s physically perfect in every way. He’s gorgeous. He’s articulate. He’s intelligent. He seems lovely. He moves like a gazelle. He’s very good at football and is most likely a superb lover, tender, considerate but intense where you need to be intense. He probably has a phenomenal taste in music and no doubt is an incredibly smart dresser. He probably has really good political views.

It’s just that he may not be that good at football when he has to play for England in a major finals and may be subject to the exact same inexplicable shrinkage and withering as every other top English player at major finals tournaments since Michael Owen’s brief period of deliverance.

But even if he turns out to be shit at major finals tournaments for England, it’s because he’s so clearly too good for England and Englishness.

2 Likes

1 positive for England is Guehi looks a huge upgrade on Maguire.

A lot of positives for England.

He does look a player and man United should try and sign him ahead of that Everton fella.

Secondly they now know Trent is clean useless in the middle of the park.

If they won 4 or 5 they’d lose their minds. Expectations remind low.

A lot of teams that win these tournaments grow into them. Argentina in the last World Cup being an example.

One issue could be Kane if he doesn’t get himself right.

I wouldn’t have England in the top 4. Spain, France, Germany and Portugal well ahead of them technically. Don’t believe the hype about Rice in particular. Foden was awful last night. Denmark game will be interesting. Denmark will fancy their chances.

Holy hand of fuck, who in the name of fuck allowed this Cunt anchor

I agree with Didi that Southgate fecked up his team selection last night because he was trying to please too many people. Political reasons, as I anticipated.

His team last night smacked of the decade long obsession with picking Gerrard and Lampard together when everybody knew it didn’t work. It smacked of a team that a child would have picked.

England won’t grow into the tournament with the team they picked last night. Southgate has to rip it up at least somewhat.

English teams need to be functional above all and that means the manager has to take tough decisions. English players don’t have the football IQ to control big international tournament games, at international level they can’t do what they do at club level, they can’t play at top pace in highly rehearsed all encompassing systems like Guardiola’s or Klopp’s, they have to be regimented within a stripped back, functional system.

Foden has done fuck all at major tournaments for England. His inclusion is political. Alexander-Arnold’s inclusion is political. Bellingham and Saka have to be the main men you build your team around.

Foden won’t do. Dont have a partner for rice that allows you play Foden and Bellingham.

Romania taking the 10 jersey off the lad who wore it all qualifying and giving it to Hagi just so they can sell ‘Hagi 10’ jerseys is peak consumerism and I’m here for it

1 Like

Great hit.

Romania playing a lovely high tempo counter attacking style - deservedly lead here from a fine long range effort.

I wonder does Romanian talk sport radio lament their lack of total passes or low possession percentage?

5 Likes

Mudryk hasn’t started well at all.

This is an excellent game so far.

Lunin got absolutely done by the corner there, very very lucky, and was at fault for the goal. Ukraine are decent enough technically but Romania playing at a very high pace when they get the ball.

Both teams play in all yellow and have identical kits manufactured by Joma. I genuinely wasn’t sure which team was in the change colours and which wasn’t.

I think this is Keith Treacy on co-commentary with the essential John Kenny in the insulated Bell branded freight container. Listening to Treacy is like listening to a less malignant version of Gavin Pepper.

1 Like