Euro 2024- Lamine Yamal:Wonderkid

BudVAR

1 Like

A traffic cone would do a better job than Ralston

This has become a chaotic game. If the chaos keeps up there’s surely another goal there. I wonder will both teams very soon mentally settle for the draw after a very draining game.

Amdouni has to score there, that’s a shocking miss.

Have Ralston and Scales played many games together at Glasgow Celtic? Be some footballing back four with the two boyos lording it

Class from Akanji

Who was the absolute hammer thrower of a full back the Scot’s had at the last euros?

Rattling good game that in Ye Olde British style.

Stephen O’Donnell.

Spirited stuff from the Scots there. Ralston had a powerful final 20 minutes, great attitude.

1 Like

Some guy from Motherwell I think?

They’ll have to beat Hungary at least 3-0 you’d imagine to have any chance

Any win over Hungary would guarentee them 4 points and qualification I’d say

1 Like

Any win might do them, as 4 points could/should be enough.

You could have a couple of groups finishing 9, 3, 3, 0.

I just don’t really see them beating Hungary tbh.

They fought hard today but I think Hungary will win.

If they bring the same energy they brought today they’ll beat them.

Scotland brought the rage in game 2 against England last time and flopped against Croatia though. It will be very difficult to bring that same intensity especially if Tierney is out which he will be.

Brave performance from the Scots

McKenna was good when he came on & he adds to their set piece threat, which is the main goal source for them. They probably need to make 2 or 3 changes to freshen the team up though, but Clarke is conservative enough.

It’s not likely but definitely possible a draw against Hungary could be enough.

If you look at the other groups, you’d think there’s a decent chance Italy beat Croatia and Spain beat Albania. That would mean Croatia or Albania finishing third in the group on 1 point.

Then you’re looking for something similar to happen in one of the other groups too. The England group is a possibility of that happening if Serbia can beat Slovenia and Denmark and England take full points.

I think in this system it’s a slight advantage to be in groups E and F as you know what a third placed team needs to do to be a qualifier. With a draw Scotland would be waiting on other results, as they were in 1990, when Ireland and Holland knew that a draw would guarantee a 3rd place qualifier from that group, ahead of Scotland.

Great interview by Robbo there

1 Like

Great captaincy.

2 Likes