Euro 2024- Lamine Yamal:Wonderkid

Jack Hendry is a brutal defender still.

2 Likes

I wonder what times the games are on for the 2026 World Cup.

Weren’t the 2002 games on at 8 am.

Ronnie was certain that was a red, I couldn’t see an angle that showed it was that bad?

Yellow was fair enough I thought.

I thought it was as much a foul the other way

The Scots have a particular habit of creating shocking centre halves.

Shame there won’t be many boozers left open by then, never mind ones opening early for them

1 Like

Lunchtime our time game too . Germany game for example

24 yards out on his weaker foot… best chance of the half and should have done better.

Switzerland playing well here. Xhaka is unreal in midfield

2002 was 7:30am, 10am and 12:30pm. Ireland v Cameroon was 7:30am, our other games were 12:30pm and so was the final.

1994 was 5:30pm, 9pm and 12:30am in the group stages. Ireland v Italy was 9pm with the Mexico and Norway games at 5:30pm. For the knockout stages it moved to 5pm and 8:30pm with one semi-final at 12:30am. The final was 8:30pm which was just enough time to get back home from Clones after the Ulster final.

2026 surely be 5, 7 and 9 now?

Pub staff went on strike the night of Ireland v Italy 1994.

Be a very tight squeeze to get those games played in a 2 hour window. A lot of them drag on nearly the full two hours with injuries and stoppages.

With 48 teams there will be 72 matches in the group stages compared to 36 in 1994 so you’ll probably have to have at least five matches per day which might mean some mad kick off times. It might be 4pm, 6:30pm, 9pm, 11:30pm, 2am or something like that.

It is an expanded tournament with 12 groups - so there will be at least 4 games a day in the group stages. Probably, assume we could see 6 a day if teams are playing every 4 days.

Every 2 hours from 12 to 10pm east coast US time I’d assume with the latest games being Mexico or west coast venues.

Christ imagine if we qualify and we are playing at 2 am

Hopefully the official that John Aldridge called a fucking cunt will still be in situ

3 Likes

Doing it out here in me noggin I’d say the way they’ll work it is 12 days in a row with 4 games on each of those days, then the final games of the groups are simultaneous so probably 3 groups finishing per day for four days in a row which would mean a total group stage length of 16 days. Then you have to fit in an extra knockout round which basically adds a week to the tournament.

This is a quare oul’ position Scotland find themselves in. They need to attack but they also need to not lose because it’s possible a draw could be enough. That has to create some sort of doubt or confusion the longer it stays 0-0. Hungary at least have no ambiguity about what they need.