European Cup Rugby

Id say that must be what he is trading on, interesting see how long he lasts.

Donā€™t think it was sexton

The level of participation in finals in both comps tells a different story. Some of them donā€™t bother but itā€™s a tired stereotype that they donā€™t chase European glory when they can

1 Like

Theyā€™re like man city, they hibernate, only rousing themselves from their torpor after the paris-nice

Iv never seen anything like these stats beforeā€¦talk about starving a team of possessionā€¦Byrne had only one pass in the first half (an assist for a try)

1 Like

This is well worth a watch. In particular the last 5 minutes going through the final Leinster effort. Heā€™s shown something that no other analyst/journalist/podcaster Iā€™ve heard to date has noticed and to my mind goes a long way to explaining the lack of a drop goal attempt.

5 Likes

Matt Williams gave a stat on OTB that up until La rochelleā€™s last try Leinster spent a total of 16 seconds in possession in La rochelleā€™s half in the 2nd half. Donā€™t know if thatā€™s true but it felt like it on Saturday.

1 Like

Iā€™d say thatā€™s fairly accurate alright

Heā€™s an annoying cunt trying to be funny but the analysis is usually excellent

3 Likes

Spot on

Squidge is the best rugby analyst out there.

1 Like

I believe it was Joe Molloy who said that LR mauled a distance of 56 metres throughout the game, as Leinster mauled 0 metres.

1 Like

Great review. I mentioned it last nt the lack of help JGP gave byrne in last while with the DG but itā€™s terrible viewing there for him. Byrne should still be in a lot more control of his 9 than that thoughā€¦ la rochelle got the tactics absolutely spot on

That opening try was a thing of beauty by Leinster tbf.

Great news for the select few who back with Investec. :clap:

1 Like

Iā€™d say it works well for Investec with the South African sides now revving up in the European Cup too

The ICUP

Just tuning into this Connaught game now. Wasnā€™t expecting to see them 14 points in arrears at fortress Sportsground.

Where is it on?