European Rugby Knockout Stages

Hard luck TTK. Your dead right about Munster, distinctly average. Great performance all the same.

Your cracked about Ulster though. Youā€™ve overrated them since last season. They might win the Rabo (personally I doubt it) but that would be an indictment of the competition. They are a good, and improving side but not the world beaters they looked earlier. You correctly spotted the early season blistering form and made us all serious coin out of it but , I think in hindsight anscombe will be kicking himself he peaked so soon, was no need for it. defeat to Noton at home was not something a top side would have allowed to happen and has cost them big time here would have been top seeds otherwise. Doubt Munster would have won up there

Iā€™m disappointed because Iā€™m a long standing fan of he side and have been up there loads. FWIW, I believe a fair bit of dissatisfaction with Anscombe in the dressing room.

Fair play Ttk for having the gumption to post that. Lot of lads would have just slunk away. You canā€™t be right all the time.

One more question TTK. You thought Ulster should have been favs? Did you lay em as favs in your trading job? Was keeping an eye out for it

Harsh weekend, happens to the best

Unlucky TTK.

Thank you Fagan. I realise that and have no issue with a few losers here and there, albeit that this one was bigger than any other. But Iā€™d been waiting a long time for this game and unfortunately got it wrong this time.

Yes, we were tightest on Ulster, kept that for most of the first half in-running also. Similar story pre-match in the Quins game but that wasnā€™t as expensive from an in running perspective. Not overly great for anyone involved this weekend!

Iā€™d say he would have been fired if he did Dan. No trader would be allowed unless both teams were around 10/11. If Ulster were 9/5 and TTK wanted to price them at 5/9 or any odds on price heā€™d be shot.

And fair play to him for posting up after that weekend. Not many would have. Plenty of winning tips in the equine thread for you to recoup your losses ttk :cool:

[quote=ā€œMac, post: 756811, member: 109ā€]Iā€™d say he would have been fired if he did Dan. No trader would be allowed unless both teams were around 10/11. If Ulster were 9/5 and TTK wanted to price them at 5/9 or any odds on price heā€™d be shot.

And fair play to him for posting up after that weekend. Not many would have. Plenty of winning tips in the equine thread for you to recoup your losses ttk :cool:[/quote]

Thanks Mac. I certainly wasnā€™t odds on on Ulster, that would have been hilarious and basically impossible to do! But we were offering best price on both Munster and Saracens. Canā€™t beat the old equine thread in fairness.

Keep the head up TTK. It takes balls to post picks and put yourself up there to be shot at.You have made many invaluable contributions already this season and Iā€™ve no doubt will continue to do so.

To be fair ttk regularly puts his head above the parapet and has made me a few quid before. Chin up lad

[quote=ā€œThe Tipping King, post: 756764, member: 681ā€]Dust has settled on what was essentially a disaster of a weekend. Went standout on Munster and Saracens. Clermont got us off to a good start with a facile and impressive win, they looked effortless and still played top class rugby. Theyā€™ll walk to victory now. Where do I start with Ulster? They just didnā€™t perform to half of their ability, very disappointing, they are much better than that. Discipline was a big issue and it seemed a nervous performance, maybe memories of their defeat to Leinster at Twickenham last year didnā€™t help but they have no real excuse for losing to Saracens. An expensive defeat but Iā€™ll recover :slight_smile: They made me plenty last weekend against Leinster so itā€™s not complete carnage thankfully. Just back them to triumph in the Rabo now, absolute certs.

Iā€™ve been banging on for a while about how over-rated that Quins team is, but even I couldnā€™t see them losing to Munster. There are actually no words for that result. Stunned. These things happen every now and then in sport. That Munster team is utter tripe and itā€™s a travesty to see them in the Semiā€™s they deserve nothing for their shambolic efforts this season. They are a horrible side who will be hammered out the gate in the semi final. Where do Harlequins go from here? To lose to that Munster team at home is quite funny actually.

Toulon looked competent against Leicester but their lack of clinical finishing will cost them youā€™d feel.

Ulster can kick themselves this evening for not showing up on Saturday. Hopefully theyā€™ll channel that hurt and be back stronger than ever next season.[/quote]
Ulster were hammered out the gate TTK no excuses for nerves,discipline blah blah blah they played their best rugby before Xmas(when you cleaned up regulary on the handicap with them) but I told you they were burnt out and peaked too soon.As much as I detest Munster they played very well yesterday and deserved the victory.

The arse licking going on here to someone who got something so sPectacularly wrOng and even when proven wrong denies the reality is really a poor reflection on posters here, grow some balls.

We are all human Kev. Except Fitzy of course.

Great day for the race balbec

You regularly get your arse licked giving out dodgy fitness / training advice and Iā€™ve never seen you complain about it.

Like when you tipped Cork to beat Donegal last year?

Ah there is getting a game slightly wrOng( I had my doubts about Cork and growing admiration for Donegal) and Cork lost by 2. He got it unbelievably wrOng and lost a huge amount of money (although I suspect he was grossly over exaggerating the amounts invOved.

My admiration grew for Donegal, this stupid cunt still rates Ulster after a shabolic performance. Once the South Africans leave youā€™ll see how bare they are. They have a few real exciting prospects, but they are not that good as last years final and last Saturday show. Munster are in transformation and still make a semi. Ulster are at their peak.

Anyway, the net result us he looks like a moron, ye lot look worse and Munster are still in it, Ulster are gone. End of.

The horsey set are very sensitive when its comes to one of their own.

Ah the banter ladsā€¦ the banter the banterā€¦

http://www.todayfm.com/Shows/Weekdays/Ian-Dempsey-Breakfast-Show/Blog.aspx

[quote=ā€œChocolateMice, post: 756977, member: 168ā€]Ah the banter ladsā€¦ the banter the banterā€¦

http://www.todayfm.com/Shows/Weekdays/Ian-Dempsey-Breakfast-Show/Blog.aspx[/quote]
That Mario cunt should FOAD, that is septic.

Great to see Ryanair putting on flights from Cork to Montpellier, very nice gesture by Mr O Leary.